Learn how to make crispy tortilla strips at home in under 10 minutes. These tortilla strips taste so much better than store-bought and are much healthier too. They’re delicious on salads, soups, tacos, and so much more!
I cook a lot of Mexican food and crispy tortilla strips have become one of my favorite toppings for salads and soups. They’re crunchy, tasty, and add some much flavor and texture to my dishes.
I used to buy them at the supermarket until I began making my own and once I realized how easy it is, I never went back to store-bought again. These homemade tortilla strips are so easy to make and are much healthier too. You can make them plain or season them with taco seasoning or your favorite spice blend.
What You Will Need To Make Tortilla Strips
To make these delicious tortilla strips you will only need 2 basic ingredients and some seasoning.
- Tortillas: You can use yellow or white corn tortillas or even go for flour tortillas. They’re delicious either way!
- Oil: You will need a few teaspoons of oil to crisp up the tortillas. I like to use olive oil to keep it health but any type of oil will work
- Seasoning: salt goes a long way and is perfect for seasoning the tortillas but if you’d like to go the extra mile, go ahead and use taco, cajun, your favorite spice blend, or a sprinkle of chili powder.
How To Make Crispy Tortilla Strips
Get started by stacking your tortillas on top of each other and cut them in half and stack again then into 1/4” strips. Stacking them will help you cut them so much fast and makes perfect even size strips!
Now all that’s left to do is to cook them. You can cook them on the stove-top in a pan ina few teaspoons of il or you can gently toss them in a few teaspoons of oil and bake them in the oven. They’re delicious either way!
How to Make Crispy Tortilla Strips
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Cut corn tortillas into thin ¼’’ strips.
- Heat pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and tortilla strips and cook for until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- To bake: Toss tortilla strips with olive oil and bake in a 400F oven for about 10 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
Leave a Reply