Dutch Oven No-Knead Bread made with just 4 ingredients and only 5 minutes of prep time! It’s soft & fluffy on the inside, crispy crusty on the outside, and tastes so much better homemade!
Once you follow this recipe, you may no longer want to buy bread from the bakery because you can make it at home with minimal ingredients.
What Is a Dutch Oven and Is It Good For Making Bread?
A dutch oven is a type of pot with a lid attached that is perfect for making various recipes, including this one for Dutch Oven No-Knead Bread. These pots are known for their durability. Many of them are made with cast iron material. If you do not have Dutch Oven, you can find a good one for less than $40 online and in various stores.
How Do You Make the Dutch Oven No-Knead Bread?
To make this Dutch Oven No-Knead Bread, add your flour to a bowl with yeast and salt. Place water in the middle and slowly start to mix these ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
Once you have mixed these ingredients well enough, cover your bowl and leave it out on the counter, allowing it to sit for at least an hour. It is best to let it sit for two hours because that gives the dough plenty of time to double in size.
Get your dutch oven ready by putting it in the oven with the lid on top. Set your oven to 450 degrees F. When your dough is ready, scrape it out from a bowl and put it on a table with a bit of flour sprinkled on the table.
Begin forming a round ball, but do not apply too much pressure. You do not need to knead the dough. Place your dough ball on parchment paper with the smooth side facing the ceiling.
Pull your dutch oven out of the oven, put your parchment paper inside of it, and add the lid on top. Bake your bread for 30 minutes and then remove the lid, baking for an additional 10 minutes to get a crisp exterior.
What Can You Eat on Your Bread?
You can eat just about anything you want on your Dutch Oven No-Knead Bread. Slice it up into serving pieces and add butter, jam, or margarine on top while it is still warm. These toppings will melt right into the bread, adding more flavor to each slice you eat.
While butter, margarine, and jam are top choices for bread, there are plenty of other things you can eat on your bread. You might want to use it to make sandwiches, adding lunch meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and other toppings to the bread. It tastes great when served alongside a bowl of soup, chili, or spaghetti!
How Long Does It Take to Make the No-Knead Bread?
It does not take too much time to make the Dutch Oven No-Knead Bread. Overall, it should take around three hours to complete the recipe. It takes several minutes to put the flour, yeast, and salt together.
Once you have mixed your ingredients, you can let the dough mixture sit for two hours. The bread only needs to bake for about 40 minutes altogether. In less than three hours, you can have fresh homemade bread ready to eat.
Dutch Oven No-Knead Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- In a large bowl combine flour, yeast, and salt.
- Add water in the center and slowly mix using a wooden spoon until everything is well combined.
- Cover the bowl with clean wrap and let the dough sit on the countertop for 1-2 hours until the dough is almost doubled.
- Meanwhile, place the dutch oven with the lid on in the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Scrape the dough out from the bowl to a floured surface. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of flour which helps to avoid sticking and form a round ball without putting much pressure. (Please don’t knead the dough)
- Transfer the dough bowl gently to parchment paper (smooth side is facing up).
- Bring the piping hot dutch oven out and carefully place the parchment paper inside the dutch oven and close the lid.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes and remove the lid and bake further for 10 minutes to get that crispy outer.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes and slice it to enjoy with butter.