Easy and fail proof way to cooking salmon that makes the perfect crispy skin in under 10 minutes!
My favorite way to cook salmon is by pan searing it. Salmon is such a delicate fish, it can over cook very easily so it’s hard to achieve a nice crispy skin without overcooking it.
The best way to go about it is high heat. The high heat will caramelize the outside quickly so you can get the fish in and out of the pan in no time. No worries about the center because the inside cooks quickly and continues to cook while it’s resting.
I like to generously season the salmon because the seasoning also play a big role in making a nice crispy crust. you can basically use your favorite spices but for us, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper are a must. Sometimes I like to sprinkle some taco seasoning on there as well to add a smokey flavor.
Easy 10 Minute Crispy Skin Salmon
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets 5-6 ounce pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin optional
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning optional
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a large heavy-duty pan on high heat for about 2 minutes.
- While the pan is heating up, rub spices onto dry salmon. Pour oil into pre-heated pan (be sure pan is super hot) . Place salmon into pan, flesh side down and allow to sear for approximately 5 minutes then flip and sear the other side for 4-5 minutes or until center is cooked.
- Turn off heat and Allow salmon to rest in the same pan for 5 minutes (it will continue cooking as it rests.)
Probably the worst way to Cook salmaon i have ever read. Salmon should only be cooked on the skin Side – high heat then immediately turn down. Never oil the pan, oil the fish. So many things worng with this receipe.
Joshua – how else do you cook? I’m looking for good recipes for crispy skin.
Also – why only oil the fish?