2 ingredient bagels made with just yogurt and flour, are soft, chewy and super easy to make, no boiling needed. They can be customized with everything bagel seasoning, cheese, sesame seeds, or your favorite bagel toppings and are ready in just 30 minutes!
Have you ever walked into a bakery and smelled the aroma of freshly baked bagels? It’s positively amazing, and you instantly crave one! Now, you can easily have the same experience and you never even have to leave the house. I love everything about homemade bagels, the flavor, smell, texture! It’s all terrific, and you can do so many things with them.
I find myself eating them for breakfast a lot, but they are also lovely for lunch or dinner too. Whether you eat them as a sandwich or by themselves, you can’t go wrong.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE EASY 2 INGREDIENT BAGELS
- Self-rising flour: The main ingredient in these bagels is the flour. I will go into detail how you can swap it for all-purpose flour too.
- Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt: Using yogurt binds the flour to it and gives the bagels a delicious and irresistible flavor.
- Lastly, and egg is completely optional and gives the bagels a bakery feel when you give them an egg wash. You can also add your favorite toppings as desired!
HOW TO MAKE 2 INGREDIENT BAGELS
This 2 ingredient bagel recipe couldn’t be any easier. Plus, you don’t even have to chill the dough before baking! Prepare your baking sheet with parchment paper and get your oven warmed up.
Mix together the flour and yogurt in a large bowl and combine until a dough forms. Then place the dough ball onto a floured surface or in a stand mixer. Continue either kneading the dough by hand or using the dough hook for 3-5 minutes or until it’s not sticky any longer.
Divide the dough ball into 8 and roll each one out into a log shape. Form a circle by attaching the ends to form a round bagel shape and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat for each dough ball.
Add an egg wash by brushing the tops with egg whites and bake for 25 minutes. The tops will be golden brown, and the dough will be cooked all the way through when it’s done.
CAN I USE ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR INSTEAD OF SELF-RISING FLOUR?
Yes! It’s easy to make the switch from self-rising flour to all-purpose flour. To use all-purpose flour, you will need to use 2 cups of flour and add 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix together and follow the rest of the instructions as directed.
How Do I Use The Bagels?
There are many ways to enjoy these easy 2 ingredient bagels. Don’t be afraid to try out all sorts of ideas. Naturally, you eat them plain when you are heading out the door or just want an easy breakfast or snack.
You can add some jelly, cream cheese, or fruit if you are craving something sweet. And if you are in the mood for something a little more savory, it’s easy to turn them into a sandwich. Add sausage, ham, bacon, turkey, or any other kind of meat you like. Top with veggies, eggs, seasonings, or whatever you can dream up. They are so versatile; you can eat them in so many ways!
HOW TO STORE BAGELS?
Store the bagels in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. They will also last at room temperature for 1 day. No matter where you store them, they should be kept airtight in a container or wrapped in plastic wrap.
You can also freeze the bagels for 1 month. Just make sure they are protected from the cold. Let them defrost on the counter or in the fridge before eating.
These bagels can be eaten cold, at room temperature or warmed up. Toast them, or toss them in the microwave if you want them warmed up.
2 Ingredient Bagels
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt, OR 2 5.3 oz. containers of Greek yogurt
- 1 egg for glazing, (optional)*
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (skip for non-stick pans)and set aside.
- Combine the flour and yogurt in a large bowl until the mixture forms a dough.
- Knead the dough by hand on a floured surface or in a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment until it forms a ball of dough that is no longer sticky (3-5 minutes).
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Roll each dough into a log and attach each side of the log to form a round bagel shape. Immediately transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush bagels with egg whites and top with your favorite bagel toppings. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sesame Seeds
- Any of your other favorite bagel toppings
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.