Spice up your dinner routine with these tasty and fun to make 7 ingredient tacos. They are packed full of FLAVOR and are ready in under 30 minutes.
Tacos Tuesday has reached a new level. I know it’s Wednesday but I made these tacos yesterday so it still counts right?These tacos will change the way you think of tacos and will make tacos Tuesdays 10x easier and tastier.
The taco filling is all cooked in one pan in under 10 minutes then all the tacos are filled and baked. No mess or fuss. Baking the tacos makes it easier to prepare a dozen or two tacos at once.
For the chicken, Any cooked and shredded or chopped chicken will do. Rotisserie chicken or any leftover chicken works great. I seasoned two chicken breasts with a tablespoon of taco seasoning and cooked them in a tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat.
We added beans to the tacos but they’re totally optional. You can also make these tacos with ground beef if you’d like.
- 1/2 cup onion minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup black beans optional
- 1 cup salsa or diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 12 hard shell tacos
- 1 cup shredded cheese mozzarella, cheddar or any melting cheese
- cilantro to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden. Add the chicken, black beans, salsa, and taco seasoning. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Line taco shells in a baking dish. Spoon a few tablespoons of the chicken into each taco shell. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with a side of sour cream, lettuce, and slices of lime if desired!
My God!!!every time my family goes nuts over these tacos. They said they feel like they are eating at an Authentic Mexican restaurant. I highly recommend them.
We loved this recipe because you can bake them alread stuffed. The shell did not get soggy. The slight char on the taco shell gave the taco a Deeper flavor. An easy recipe to add other ingredients such as red and green peppers.
Donkey WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY SWAMP
MaryAnne Decker says
I always buy the “stand up” taco shells – they work perfect and no struggling trying to get them upright.
Christy Riley says
SUPER EASY TO MAKE AND WONDERFUL TO EAT. INSTANT FAMILY CLASSIC
Andrés Vargas says
No es tan laboreoso hacer tacos simplemente es una tortilla con cualquier alimento dentro un verdadero taco no tiene la tortilla dura por qué pasa a ser una tostada.
Are they hard to eat since the shell is baked & hot?
NSIM Delhi says
They are fantastic! I just made them tonight.
Does baking the shell make it soft? How long do they last in the fridge?
The shell should remain crispy if the filling is not watery. They last 3-4 days in the fridge.
The shells cool off pretty quickly.