Who’s ready for a burst of flavor?
If you’ve ever had Moroccan gyros your going to love this recipe. I love making Moroccan food because it’s packed with layers of flavor and depth. If you don’t know much about Moroccan food, don’t even worry because Campbell’s has done all the work for you!
The new line of Campbell’s slow cooker sauces are perfect for busy families.
I love the fact that the ingredients are all natural, so I don’t feel bad that I didn’t make the sauce from scratch.
You can find these dinner sauces in your local Stop & Shop or Giant stores. I purchased mine from Stop and Shop on sale ( hurry :D). Wanna see a live demo? Be sure to check out on May 3rd in select Stop & Shop and Giant stores.
Alright let’s get to the fun part! All you need to make these delicious gyro bowls is a few simple ingredients. Its so easy, all you do is toss the chicken in your crock-pot with the simmer sauce, and dinner is as good as done with only five minutes of prep.
You can use chicken breasts or thighs, I personally prefer the breasts. Simply place the chicken in the slow cooker and drizzle Campbell’s Slow Cooker sauce over the top. That literally takes like 1 minute to do!
I served the chicken over rice but you can also wrap it up in a pita or tortilla, or you can even make tacos with the chicken!
To go along with the chicken, I prepared this really simple and easy Moroccan salad. The chickpeas and cilantro add an amazing depth of flavor.
Chop all your ingredients and toss until fully mixed. Want to zest it up? squeeze a few teaspoons of fresh lemon and add pinch of salt.
Easy Dinners: Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken Gyro Bowls
- 3 cups cooked rice: grab the recipe here
- 2 Lbs chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 packet of Campbell's slow cooker Moroccan spiced stew
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas
- 1 cup Romain or head lettuce chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Lemon, optional
- Ranch Dressing, optional
- Pour the chicken and sauce in the slow cooker. Cook for 4-5 hours on medium.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss the tomatoes, chickpeas, bell peppers, lettuce, and cilantro. Squeeze about 2 tablespoons of lemon on the mixture and set aside.
- To assemble: pour 1 cup of rice in a bowl, top with 1/2 cup of salad mixture and about 1/2 cup of chicken. (Optional: top with a drizzle of ranch dressing)
Don’t forget to check out the Campbell’s dinner sauces on facebook! #EasyPrepMeals #CollectiveBias