Super fudgy and dense cocoa brownies are gooey on the inside, have a crinkly top, and are made with just 6 ingredients in under 30 minutes! This easy recipe makes the BEST brownies and is the only brownie recipe you will ever need.
I’ve got a super-easy yet DELICIOUS fudgy brownie recipe for you today. Brownies can’t get any fudgier or easier to make than this folks!
These brownies are fudgy, dense, rich, and super chocolate and with just a few basic ingredients and 30 minutes of your time, you’ve got yourself a batch of brownies that is out of this world!
They’re so chocolaty and delicious my only worry is eating the whole batch right out of the oven…
The super fudgy interior along with the crispy crinkle top is a combo made in heaven and will become your new favorite brownies!
A few years back I was hooked on boxed brownie mix and to be honest I thought they were “alright”. I mainly used the mix because it’s very easy to use because the thought of making brownies from scratch terrified me. Turns out, it’s not hard at all!
It may take any extra step making it from scratch but I swear it tastes 1 billion times better and once you try it you will NEVER EVER go back to brownie mix again!
Like I said, these brownies are simple and easy to make. The entire brownie mixture will be made in the pot or bowl you decide to melt your butter.
To save yourself time and effort, melt the butter in the same bowl that you will be mixing the brownie mix in. I like to use a glass microwave-safe mixing bowl so I can go right in to add the rest of the ingredients after melting the butter.
After melting the butter add the sugar and cocoa and stir until fully combined. Then add the eggs, vanilla, flour, and salt; mix and you’re done!
If you like you can now add 1 cup of chocolate chips, nuts, m&m’s, marshmallows, Reese’s or whatever your heart desires!
TIP FOR MAKING THE BEST FUDGE BROWNIES
Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing the batter will allow air to get trapped in the batter and will result in cakey brownies.
Don’t overbake the brownies. If you are looking for fudgy brownies then remove them from the oven when the sides have begun to shrink away from the sides of the pan but the center is still gooey.
Cool before cutting. As hard as it may be, resist the urge to cut the brownies right out of the oven. Instead, cool them to room temperature or place them in the fridge to cool for at least an hour before cutting into them. This extra step will result in perfect professional cuts.
If you’re like me and you love CHOCOLATE, then do yourself a favor and chop up 4 oz of baking chocolate and stir them into the batter. This will take the brownies (which are already AMAZING) to the next level and make them EVEN BETTER.
Easy One Bowl Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
- 1/2 cup melted butter or 1 stick
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar see note
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt leave out if using salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8 square pan or line with foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and sugar stir until fully dissolved.
- Add eggs one at a time then vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Stir in flour and salt until the flour is fully combine. Be careful not to overmix mix.
- (optional) fold in 1 cup of nuts, raisins, chocolate chips or anything you desire.
- Spread in pan and bake for approximately 20-22 minutes or until the center is slightly set. Be careful not to over-bake!
- Cool completely then cut into 9 large squares or 16 small squares ( I cut mine into 16)
Share the love – Click on collage to Pin it!