Chicken and broccoli cooked in a garlic butter sauce all in one pan in just 20 Minutes! This filling nutritious meal can be served with rice, bread, or as is for a tasty low-carb dinner at just 5 net carbs per serving!
One-pan meals are my go-to meals when cooking dinner in a hurry on a weeknight. They’re super quick & easy to make, usually loaded with flavor, and because it’s one pan, clean up is a breeze!
This garlic butter chicken is a MUST TRY. It’s all cooked in one pan in under 20 minutes and I promise it will become your new favorite weeknight dinner. The chicken and broccoli are cooked in a flavorful garlic butter lemon sauce that comes together in the pan.
For this dish, I love using broccoli or broccolini (baby broccoli) just because I enjoy the crunch of the broccoli steams and also. because broccoli is super nutritious and delicious.
If broccoli is not your thing, Truth be told, the broccoli can be replaced with just about any other quick-cooking veggies. Zucchini, asparagus, green beans, or any other greens all work very well. To replace the broccoli with veggies that take longer to cook, simply steam them first then add to the pan after they are almost fully cooked.
If you are on a low-carb, whole 30, or keto diet, then simply serve the dish as is and it will be enough to serve 3-4 people.
If you are a carb lover or want a little more on the plate, serve the chicken and broccoli with a side of rice, mashed or roasted potatoes, salad, or bread.
Garlic Butter Chicken and Broccoli (20 Minutes!)
For the chicken
- 2 medium chicken breast, or 1 pound
- 1 teaspoon EACH salt, garlic powder, or oregano
- 1 /2 teaspoon EACH black pepper, chili powder
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally (to make 4 pieces total). Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and chili powder.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter along with the chicken breasts. Cook chicken breasts 4-5 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove chicken breasts from the pan and add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, and crushed pepper flakes. Stir for 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant and add the broccoli, water, and lemon juice to the pan. Cook broccoli 2-3 minutes or just until cooked.
- Return chicken to the pan and garnish with parsley, cilantro, or lemon if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.