Tender steak cut into small bite-size pieces coated in a fragrant garlic butter sauce. This delicious flavorful meal is ready in just 15 minutes and will become your new favorite way to cook a steak!
Steak is the ultimate meat lover’s meal, but it can be hard to cook the perfect steak. Getting the right temperature and texture can be tricky which is why most home cooks avoid making steak altogether. Luckily with this recipe, you won’t have to worry about any of that. Cooking steak in bite-size pieces ensures every bite is cooked perfectly tender and is seared and caramelized on the outside.
How to Make Steak Bites
Making these steak bites is SO easy and much easier than making traditional steak! No need to check doneness because all the steaks will cook evenly in just a few minutes.
To begin, you will need steak cut into about 1-inch cubes. Heat a heavy-duty pan to very high heat and add oil then the steak bites and cook 2 minutes per side then set aside.
Next, add the garlic and butter and cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Be sure not to burn the garlic. To make a creamy sauce to serve with the steak bites, simply add heavy creamy to the garlic and butter mixture and cook it down for just 2-3 minutes then add the steak bites to the pan or serve on the side!
Lastly, simply return the steak bites to the pan to coat them with the delicious garlic. butter mixture. Now garnish with your favorite herbs and serve immediately with your favorite side!
Expert Tips for Making Perfect Steak Bites
- Choosing the right cut of meat: Picking the right cut of meat makes all the difference. Choice a steak that is between 1 and 1 1/2 inches thick with lots of marbling. Sirloin, rib-eye, strip steak, or tenderloin should work best for this recipe.
- Heat the pan well: The trick to making the perfect steak bites is to heat your pan on high for at least a minute. Another tip is not overcrowding the pan which means cooking the steak in batches. This ensures that every bite will have enough space to sear in the pan while sealing in the juices.
- Deglaze pan with butter: The steak is first seared in a light layer of oil and then finished off with a garlic butter sauce that is made from deglazing the pan. The result is a perfect balance of flavors and textures and tender steak bites.
What to Serve with Steak Bites
Serve on warm mashed potatoes, with steamed or grilled veggies, rice or a salad. Any leftovers make great for meal prepping because they are bites no need to cut the steak!
More Steak Recipes:
- Pan Seared Steak with Garlic Butter
- Spinach Cheese Stuffed Flank Steak Roll
- Foil Pack Steak & Potatoes
- Pan Seared New York Strip
- Air Fryer Steak Kabobs
Garlic Steak Bites
- Heat oil in a large heavy-duty skillet or cast iron pan for at least 1 minute. Generously season the steak with salt and pepper. Place the steak in the pan in a single layer without overcrowding the pan (work in batches if needed). Cook for 2 minutes per side or until seared and dark brown.
- Remove the steak from the pan and add the butter and garlic to the pan. Stir for 30 seconds or until the garlic is light brown. Turn off heat and return the steak to the pan. Stir until the steak is fully coated with the butter garlic mixture.
- Serve with warm mashed sweet potatoes, grilled or steamed veggies, rice, or a salad.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.