Chopped romaine, tomato, cucumber, olives, artichokes, feta & avocado topped with grilled chicken and dressed with a zesty homemade Greek dressing. Serve with a side of warm bread sticks and enjoy this flavorful protein packed salad for lunch or dinner! Summer is almost upon us and so is salad season. The temps are beginning to reach the 90s here in DC and the only thing I can possibly think about eating for lunch during the summer is salads.
This Greek inspired salad is loaded with your usual Greek salad ingredients with the addition of avocado and grilled chicken. Adding freshly grilled and chopped chicken to salads takes them to the next level making it complete meal.
For the grilled chicken
- 2 medium skinless boneless chicken breasts pounded flat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove crushed in garlic press
- salt & pepper to taste
For The Salad
- 2 cup romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 avocado peeled pitted and chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half (can use any other type of tomatoes)
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 jar 6.5 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbled or cubed
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pound Chicken flat with a meat tenderizer or slice chicken breasts in half to make them thinner. In medium bowl or ziplock bag, combine the chicken, olive oil, oregano, garlic and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Heat a large heavy duty pan to medium-heat and grill chicken 5-6 minutes per side until tender and cooked through. Remove from pan, cool for 5 minutes then slice or chop.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a mason jar and shake to combine. alternately, whisk i s a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine all the chopped ingredients for the salad. Top with chopped chicken a drizzle with generously with dressing. Serve immediately.
I like to use fresh grilled chicken that I grill on the stovetop or outdoor grill but any pre-cooked chicken you have on hand will work just as good.
Serving: 1per salad | Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 1394mg | Potassium: 1316mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4920IU | Vitamin C: 37.5mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 5.9mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @gimmedelicious or tag #gimmedelicious!
One of the most delicious salads I’ve ever had!! SO TASTY!!
Family LOVED it!! Very fresh and delicious and the dressing was nice and tangy. My go to salad now.
Very nice recipe especially The dressing my family loved it thank you for sharing this
Nick Parkes says
yum. I forgot to add the cheese but this was more than enough to feed my family kf 4 (doubled the amounts ish and added plenty more oil salt and pepper as always js required to these recipes as cooks note the minimum on online recipes I find.)
also, while it’s a nice thought, THE CHICKEN SHOULD be freshly cooked.. the instructions here of 5MINS per side yielded moust CHARGRILLED pieces which WERE v nice. pre cooked chicken.. no way is going to be as good as stated. chick was flavoursome with the oregano and lemon garlic marinade.
v nice meal
also added some maple syrup to the dressing.
not sure if the garlic is needed in the dressing (it is listed in the for dressing section) but I put it in anyway.
Amazing! I had no idea that avocado and greek spices would go well together. My husband and I both love this recipe. It’s fresh, has great flavors and makes for an awesome dinner. The only thing I used way less of was salt. Thanks for sharing this!
So happy you and your husband enjoyed this dish, Brittany 🙂
Made this for company and got race reviews all around! It’s a new go-to at our house. I doubled it and it worked well but I think next time I won’t double THE lemon (maybe only 1.5 x).
Any calories information? Would be great to have this included.
Just added the nutritional info!
this sounds so yummy!! How many calories per servIng???
Delicious! I made this today and my friends loved it! Thank you!
My favorite avocado recipe! Thank you!
You must not have ever had avocado pasta then 😉
Healthy and really good taste. This recipe is perfect for me. Thank you!
Perfectly arranged ! Hooked 🙂 Thank you so much !