Healthy Cilantro Lime grilled chicken topped with fresh avocado salsa making this dish a DELICIOUS low-carb & Keto Dinner in under 30 minutes! Grilled chicken is a great lunch and dinner option because it’s low in fat and high in protein. Pair this zesty cilantro lime grilled chicken with avocado salsa and you’ve got yourself a dish that will become a family favorite! We make this dish at least once a week because of how fresh, healthy, delicious and easy it is to make.
The flavor of the cilantro lime chicken along with the fresh avocado, tomato, onion, and lime is a combo made in heaven. This tasty meal is a must try especially if you are on a low-carb or keto diet. The lean chicken and avocado will keep you full for hours with just 5 net carbs (minus fiber) per serving! The chicken can be marinated ahead of time and kept in the fridge or freezer for easy prep. If you’re in a rush and do not have time to marinate the chicken, use the chicken right away and it will still taste great.
To Make grilled CIlantro Lime Chicken you will need:
- Fresh boneless, skinless chicken
- Garlic, minced or crushed
- Fresh Squeezed lime juice
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl or ziplock bag and use right away or marinate up to 24 hours in the Refridgerator.
Grill the chicken on an outdoor grill or indoors in a heavy duty cast iron pan or skillet (<-this is the one I use and my favorite for grilling chicken!). Use an instant-read thermometer and cook until the temperature reached 160F or until the chicken is firm and no longer pink.
While the chicken is grilling, prepare the salsa by chopping up (as big or small as you’d like) avocado, tomato, onion, and cilantro. Gently combine the chopped veggies along with with a drizzle of lime and a dash of salt & pepper.
To prepare ahead of time: prepare no longer than 2 hours ahead of time and cover the avocado salsa with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 chicken breasts
For the Marinade
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 small (or 1 large tomato) chopped
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno de-seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- fresh cracked pepper & salt to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the marinade and set aside.
- Pound the breasts to even thickness or slice in half horizontally to get evenly sized breasts and add to the bowl of marinade. Mix through until the chicken is fully coated in the marinade. Use right away if needed or marinate for 30-minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat or in a large heavy-duty skillet on the stovetop for 5-6 minutes per side or until the inside is cooked through and the outside is charred. Top with fresh avocado salsa and serve immediately.
To Make Avocado Salsa
- While the chicken is grilled, combine all the ingredients for the salsa in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap in the fridge until ready to use.