Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, homemade baked chicken nuggets are 1000x healthier and tastier at home!
Chicken nuggets are one of my daughter’s favorite meals. She has them on a weekly basis and I honestly can’t think of anything else more versatile then chicken nuggets. I usually have a bag of nuggets in the freezer ready in hand, just in case.
But because chicken nuggets are so greasy and highly processed, I began making them at home. This way, I can add any flavors we like and they are also much healthier. I shape them into little patties and bake them to perfection. The result is nuggets that are crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside. They can be frozen for up to 1 month and reheated in the microwave or toaster oven. I used parmesan to flavor the nuggets but if parmesan is not your thing, feel free to add any other type of cheese or substitute it with breadcrumbs. We how you enjoy these nuggets as much as we do!
Healthy Baked Parmesan Chicken NuggetsPrint Rate
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese divided in half
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor place the chicken breasts, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, cold water, and salt +pepper. Pulse for 1 minute or just until the chicken is minced and everything is well combined.
- Pour the panko breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup parmesan into a shallow dish. Shape the minced chicken mixture into small nuggets and coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Line nuggets on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 12-15 minutes then transfer under the broiler for 2-3 minute or until nuggets are lightly golden. Serve warm with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce.