Healthy lemon blueberry bread is moist, fluffy, and packed with flavor. This lightened-up lemon bread contains NO SUGAR, NO BUTTER, and can be made with whole wheat, gluten-free flour, or all-purpose flour.
A few years ago I shared my healthy banana bread recipe and so many of you have requested a healthy blueberry bread version. This is my favorite semi-healthy lemon loaf recipe and I can’t wait to share it with you. This lightened-up lemon blueberry bread is everything you want in a lemon bread and much more.
It’s made healthy by replacing sugar with honey, butter with coconut oil, and by using white whole wheat flour. You can also use a mixture of oat flour or white flour if you’d like. The end result is a light and fluffy naturally sweetened bread that makes a delicious breakfast or an afternoon snack. The addition of blueberries is completely optional but I highly recommend them if you enjoy blueberries.
To keep the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the pan while baking and prevent them from browning, coat them with a teaspoon of flour.
How to Store or Freeze
- TO STORE: Store the bread at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze the bread as a whole loaf or cut into slices and place in freezer-friendly bags for up to 2 months. Allow thawing overnight in the refrigerator or microwave for a few seconds to bring it back to room temperature.
Healthy Greek Yogurt Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 1 ¾ whole wheat flour + 1 teaspoon to coat the berries
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt at room temperature
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients together; flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients; whisk the Greek yogurt, maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl with a teaspoon of flour coat the blueberries and toss it. Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.