Hearty Instant pot beef stew is fast, delicious and incredibly tender. It’s perfect for the cold chilly nights and is made in under 45 minutes! There’s nothing like a warm bowl of beef stew on a cold winter evening. I don’t know if it’s the tender beef, soft potatoes, or the flavorful gravy, but it warms your body and soul inside and out and make the entire house smell incredible!
This is my family’s favorite recipe that I’ve been making for years. Ever since I picked up an Instant Pot a few months ago, I haven’t looked back and have been making the stew in the Instant Pot instead because it cooks the stew 3x faster and makes the meat super tender and soft.Another must-have for the perfect beef stew is a hearty beef broth. Adding broth instead of water to the beef stew will help it develop a richer and deeper flavor, which is what beef stew is all about. Since most of the flavor of this recipe is coming from the broth, you really need to use a quality one.
I only choose College Inn Broths because they make a richer, deeper broth made from the finest all-natural beef and farm-grown vegetables. A long, slow simmer with flavorful herbs and spices creates a broth that helps make the ordinary special! Plus, College Inn broths are Non-GMO and contain no MSG so it’s really a no brainer.
This recipe starts off by coating the beef with a flour mixture. This will make the beef tender and also help thicken the stew. Be sure to shake off excess flour off the beef before cooking the beef. From there, the recipe is as simple as adding all the ingredients to the pan and sealing the pressure cooker.
The result is a tender beef stew that is packed full of flavor! To freeze the stew, cool completely and divide into freezer bags. Freeze up to 6 months.
If you decide to try out this recipe, share your final dish on social media using #CollegeInnBroth!
Instant Pot Beef StewPrint Rate
- 1 1/2- 2 pounds beef stew meat cubed (or chuck roast)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups potatoes chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce optional
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups or 24 oz. College Inn® Beef Broth
- Put flour, salt, and pepper in a large ziplock bag. Place meat in bag with the flour and shake until well coated.
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and turn on the sauté function. Heat for 1-2 minutes until oil is hot then remove beef from the ziplock bag, shake off excess flour and add to the Instant Pot. Brown the meat on all sides.
- Add the chopped onion, potatoes, carrot, celery, garlic, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and ranch seasoning mix. Stir until everything is combined then add 3 cups beef broth.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and close the steam valve. Press the "meat/stew" button, or set the cooker to 30 minutes of high pressure. After 30 minutes of high pressure, allow the cooker to naturally cool and release pressure. Once the pressure has released, open the steam valve then carefully open the lid.
- Carefully ladle stew into soup bowls and serve with toasted bread.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of College Inn. The opinions and text are all mine.