Life-changing Instant Pot Chocolate Cake is super moist, fudgy, with the perfect amount of light fluff!
Top with a light dusting of cocoa powder, powdered sugar, or your favorite frosting and enjoy this decadent chocolate cake anytime those chocolate cravings hit!
Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
If you are craving a decadent dessert that is not too difficult to prepare, try this Instant Pot Chocolate Cake. You will use the Instant Pot to prepare a fresh cake from scratch using various ingredients, including cocoa powder, coffee powder, and all-purpose flour. You can let the cake cool before adding a whipped topping and berries to it for an added touch.
The Ingredients Needed to Make the Chocolate Cake
If you would like to make the Instant Pot Chocolate Cake, you will need to have the following ingredients:
- All-Purpose Flour. Use flour as the base for your cake. It is one of the most important ingredients.
- Cocoa Powder. The cocoa powder allows you to create the perfect chocolatey taste.
- Sugar. Make sure your cake is sweet enough by adding sugar to it.
- Instant Coffee Powder. Although optional, this powder adds more flavor to your cake.
You will need a few other ingredients, including salt, eggs, baking soda, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Be sure to get whipped cream and mixed berries to add on top of your cake before you serve it.
How Do You Make It?
Place a trivet and your water into the Instant Pot and then make a sling attachment using aluminum foil.
Grease a small cake pan and set it off to the side. Grab a bowl and begin mixing your flour with salt, baking soda, coffee powder, and cocoa powder.
Grab a separate bowl and mix your egg, sugar, vanilla extract, and oil before pouring the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Pour your cake batter into the pan and place a sheet of aluminum foil on top of it.
Set the pan on the trivet, put the lid on your Instant Pot, and then set the valve to the “sealing” position before pressing “manual” and allowing it to cook for 35 minutes.
After baking the cake, release the pressure for 15 minutes. Gently remove your cake from the pan before adding your whipped cream and berries on top.
Which Berries Are Best to Use?
You can decorate the Instant Pot Chocolate Cake with some of your favorite berries. The cake will taste delightful with fresh raspberries, blackberries, and sliced strawberries spread out on top.
Do I Use Fresh or Canned Whipped Cream?
You can use fresh, homemade whipped topping or your favorite brand of whipped cream on this cake, such as Reddi Whip. If you would like to make the whipped cream, the only ingredients you will need are vanilla extract, heavy cream, and sugar.
How to Store the Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
Wrap your cake in plastic wrap, place it in a cake box, and store it in the fridge to keep it fresh. When you store it properly, you can keep your cake tasting its best for the next five days.
Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
- Add a cup of water to the instant pot and place a trivet inside. Make a sling using aluminum foil and place it inside the instant pot. Grease a 6-inch cake pan on the sides and bottom and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, coffee powder, and salt.
- In another bowl beat sugar, egg, buttermilk, vanilla extract, and oil. Combine the dry and wet mixture until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and cover it with aluminum foil. Place the cake pan on the trivet and close the instant pot. Place the valve in the “sealing” position and press “manual” and set it to 35 minutes.
- Once the cake is done release the remaining pressure after 15 minutes. Carefully remove the cake from the cake pan and allow it to cool.
- Dust some cocoa powder on top of the cake and decorate it with berries. Serve the slice of cake with whipped cream on top.