Let’s talk Pizza night.. Or should I say pizza DAY??
Friday evenings are our “pizza nights”. I think if we didn’t make pizza at LEAST once a week the family would flip! It’s kinda like a tradition, we’ve gotten used to a point that I literally start craving pizza in the morning!
We love having pizza for dinner because it’s the perfect meal for laying back on the couch and watching T.V after a long week. Seriously, I don’t know if it’s the crunchy crust, the gooey cheese, or all the crazy topping that I add, but when there’s a pizza in-front of me, it’s like giving a 10 year old candy! I just can’t resist! 😀
I’ve made sooo many different types of pizza I can’t even remember all of them; the best spinach pizza, the BBQ chicken pizza, the quick and easy 3 minute pita pizza, and the Brooklyn style pizza of course!
This Mediterranean arugula & cherry tomato pizza is packed with arugula, fresh sliced mozzarella cheese, goat cheese, Italian marinara sauce and fresh cherry tomatoes. I saw the cherry plum tomatoes in the supermarket the other day and decided to grab em because they are available for like 10 minutes a year.
Kinda makes me feel like I’m in Rome; A slice anyone?
- 1 recipe of your favorite pizza dough
- 1 cup tomato or pizza sauce
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cut in small pieces
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 goat cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp cornmeal or all purpose flour
- Preheat oven with the pizza stone to 500 degrees for at least 15 minutes. Sprinkle the top of your pizza peel with a little cornmeal.
- Roll out the pizza dough, Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza to form a thin layer, Scatter the Arugula, plum tomatoes, fresh basil, Goat and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Quickly transfer the pizza from the peel to the stone. Bake for 5-8 minutes, until golden brown. If you don't have a pizza stone, place pizza on greased and floured pan or cookie tray and place in oven after the oven has heated for 15 minutes.
- Cut and Serve Warm!