Please don’t forget to follow me on Facebook HERE! I’d love to connect with you! Happy October!
October is one of my favorite months. For starters, my birthday typically “falls” in October, I see my favorite ingredient everywhere I go, and the weather is insanely beautiful!
If you’ve been reading the blog or following me on my social media channels, I’m sure you’ve noticed my “Mexican” food spree over the summer. What can I say? I’m hooked! Mexican food is so flavorful and festive, I find myself going back and making more of it every other day.
Today I’m sharing with you a classic chicken baked chicken tenders recipe with a Mexican twist. Now, Don’t be intimidated. These chicken tenders are super easy to make and taste AMAZING. Have them with sour cream or with my creamy avocado dip.
Have a great October folks! 🙂
- For the chicken tenders
- 2-3 pounds chicken tenders boneless (raw)
- 1 package 1 oz taco or fajita seasoning mix
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups plain panko crispy bread crumbs For the Avocado dip
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno optional
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- pinch of salt
- To make the chicken: Heat oven to 450°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray or grease.
- In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, place taco seasoning mix; Place chicken in bag; seal and shake to coat., marinate anywhere from 10 minutes to 24 hours (the more the better!).
In a medium bowl, beat egg. and set aside. Pour panko breadcrumbs in a large dish. Dip chicken into egg then into the panko crumbs, then Place chicken on cookie sheet. Repeat until all the chicken tenders are coated, Spray with cooking spray or lightly drizzle with oil.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center and bread crumbs are golden brown. Serve with creamy avocado dip or sour cream.
- To make the avocado dip:
- In a food processor, combine avocados, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, and salt. Pulse until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Serve with chicken tenders.
- Avocado dip adapted from Martha Stewart