This is how I would love to start my morning every single day. If I can tell you how AMAZING the apartment smells when I make these I would, but that won’t justify. It’s like the smell of baked cinnamon rolls except 1000 times better!
Warm apples baked in a layers of pastry and wrapped with warm butter and cinnamon sugar. The warm apples melt right into the flaky layers of pastry and go VERY nicely with the warm cinnamon. It really doesn’t get much better than that.
These mini apple monkey breads are just like the big version except in a smaller more compact form. They are easier to take on the go and make a great breakfast for work, school, or simply brunch. They are super easy to prepare and bake and are ready from start to finish in less than 30 minutes. The canned dough makes it so much easier to get these little bites going, no need to make dough ahead of time.
Now, if you have busy mornings and want these ready asap you can actually prepare the dough and apple mixture, fill it into the muffin tins, cover it with plastic wrap and plce them int he fridge overnight, then in the morning just pop them in the oven while you’re getting ready!
- 1 can Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup diced apples any kind
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease or Spray 9 muffin wells with nonstick cooking spray or line them with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the apples, cinnamon until well combined. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Roll biscuit pieces in sugar-cinnamon mixture and evenly distribute into muffin tins. The tins should be about 3/4 full. Please leave some room for the dough to rise.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat butter and brown sugar until the butter begins to simmer, stir until the brown sugar is completely melted. Remove from heat and immediately spoon the butter mixture over the biscuit pieces in each muffin. Then biscuits should be soaking in the butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden in color. Once removed from the oven, allow to cool at least 10 minutes before attempting to remove from tins. Use a spoon to remove the bread from the tins. Serve warm.