Enjoy the best of both worlds with this delicious Pecan Pie Cheesecake. It’s made with a layer of creamy cheesecake and topped with a layer of crunchy pecan pie filling that is sure to satisfy the entire family!
If you like cheesecake and pecans, why not put them together to create the most delicious dessert? The Pecan Pie Cheesecake has such a sweet and decadent taste to it that makes it difficult to just stick to eating only one slice.
Rather than getting a pre-made cheesecake, you can prepare a fresh one with assorted ingredients and add as many pecans as you want to it. Follow this simple recipe to prepare an impressive dessert that you and your family will love eating.
What You’ll Need to Make Pecan Pie Cheesecake
You will need to have ingredients to make the crust, cheesecake filling, and topping for the Pecan Pie Cheesecake. These are some of the most essential ingredients to get from the grocery store before you start to make this dessert:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs. The crumbs of graham crackers make for the perfect cheesecake crust when mixed with other ingredients.
- Whole Pecans. Use whole pecans for the top of your cheesecake, but use ground pecans when preparing the crust for this dessert.
- Heavy Cream. Mix heavy cream with whole pecans to create the perfect sweet topping for the cheesecake.
- Cream Cheese. You need to have full-fat cream cheese to prepare your filling.
- Vanilla Extract. Add vanilla extract to your cream cheese blend to create your cheesecake filling.
You should have brown sugar, butter, all-purpose flour to complete the dessert along with the most essential ingredients.
How to Make Pecan Pie Cheesecake
When making a Pecan Pie Cheesecake, start by preparing the crust. You can make the crust by mixing your graham cracker crumbs with ground pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press the mixed ingredients into a pan and bake for about 10 minutes in the oven.
Once you have your crust, you can start working on the cheesecake filling. You will need to mix the cream cheese with salt, flour, and granulated sugar. Use a hand mixer to help you beat these ingredients until they are smooth. Once the ingredients are smooth, add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix well again.
You may then add the eggs one by one, mixing them well. Pour your cheesecake filling on top of the crust in a springform pan and then bake your cheesecake for around 60 minutes.
As a finishing touch, make the pecan topping by mixing the pecans with heavy cream, butter, and sugar in a saucepan.
How to Store Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Carefully cover your Pecan Pie Cheesecake with plastic wrap and a sheet of foil. Using both plastic wrap and foil will help to preserve the cheesecake. Keep it in the fridge where it will stay fresh for at least four days. If you need to freeze it, you can store the Pecan Pie Cheesecake in the freezer for up to three months. Make sure to thaw it out before you slice it and serve it.
More Delicious Cheesecakes to Try
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
For the crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake filling
- 16 ounce full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp all – purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
For the topping
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup whole pecans, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 9 inch springform with butter and cover the sides of the pan with the aluminum foil.
To make the crust
- In a medium bowl combine the gram cracker crumbs, ground pecan, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Transfer the crumbs to the prepared pan, press it evenly into the bottom.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes.
To make the cheesecake filling
- Place the cream cheese, granulated sugar, flour and salt in a bowl. With the help of a hand mixer or stand mixer beat the mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Crack the eggs and add the eggs one by one, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
- Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the crust. Place the springform pan on a large pan with hot water filled half way.
- Bake the cheesecake for 60 minutes. Once done keep the oven door open for an hour and then transfer the cheesecake to a wire rack.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
To make the topping
- In a saucepan add the butter and sugar; heat on medium flame until the mixture starts bubbling.
- Whisk the heavy cream until completely combined and start bubbling again.
- Add the toasted pecans and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Spoon the topping over the cheesecake before slicing.