Creamy chicken broccoli pasta with the addition of pesto and parmesan takes this humble dish to a whole new level. This easy dish comes together in under 30 minutes and makes a great weeknight dinner!
When I think comfort food the first thing that pops in mind is pasta. Pasta is the ultimate comfort food. It’s hearty, easy to make, and is always perfect for dinner.
This pesto chicken and broccoli dinner is a jazzed-up version of my favorite creamy chicken and broccoli pasta. It’s loaded with garlic, parmesan, pesto, and chicken + broccoli.
What you Will Need
To make this delicious pesto chicken pasta, you will need a few main ingredients as well as some pantry staples such as olive oil and seasoning.
- Chicken breasts
- Cooked aldente pasta
- Light or heavy cream
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh or jarred pesto
- Broccoli florets
How to Make Creamy Chicken Pasta with Pesto
This dish is super easy to make and comes together in just a few minutes. The chicken is first cooked in browned garlic and onions then the parmesan, pesto, and cream are added.
Aldente pasta and broccoli is then added to this delicious mixture of creamy heaven and the result is the BEST most FLAVORFUL pesto pasta you will ever have. I used penne but you can use any pasta you have on hand.
Lastly, Add the broccoli (frozen or fresh) to the pasta while it’s cook just a minute before draining in.
How to store
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze up to 2 months. Serve with more freshly grated parmesan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 chicken breasts sliced into ½ inch strips
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/4 grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 4 cups aldente pasta drained (appx)
- 2 cups broccoli florets frozen or fresh
- Begin by cooking the pasta in a large pot according to package directions. Add the broccoli into the pasta pot 1 minute before turning off the heat. Drain, set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, Pour 1 tablespoon oil into a large pan. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minute or until golden. Add the garlic and cook for just a few seconds then add the sliced chicken. Season with salt & pepper and cook the chicken for 5-7 minute or until browned.
- Add the parmesan, cream, pesto, and salt & pepper. Simmer mixture for 2-3 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and broccoli. Stir until fully combined. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and garnish with more parmesan. Enjoy!