This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Happy Monday! The weekend always seems to fly by doesn’t it! I wonder if it’s because we have so much fun during the weekend or if it’s because we spend so much time with our families. Yea, I’m going to go with the family thing. Right?!
One of the best things about the weekends in our family is breakfast. We usually make something special or go out to a dinner, but that adds up quickly when your a family of four, so I’m always trying to coming with with new cost effective breakfast ideas!
Okay, Let’s talk waffles, Frozen Waffles that is. Savory waffles are the new thing. If you haven’t tried waffles in savory dishes I highly recommended you do.
These waffle nachos are pretty easy to make and are ready in less than 10 minutes! You’re going to need any type of tortilla chips and 4 frozen waffles. I used Aunt Jemima frozen waffles because they are like super delicious and each package now contains 14 waffles (was 10, now 4 more for free) SCORE!. Additionally, the new freshness bag is resealable, which means the waffles stay fresh longer in the freezer.
Go ahead and layer all the ingredients in a large baking tray. Toast for 5-7 minutes. while the waffles nachos are toasting cook 1-3 sunny side up eggs. Remove the nachos from the oven and top with eggs, avocado, cilantro, jalapenos, olives. You can also add bacon, sausage or black beans.
- tortilla chips
- 4-5 Aunt Jemima waffles cut into quarters
- shredded cheese mozzarella, Mexican or Italian blends
- chopped tomatoes
- sliced fresh avocado or guacamole
- sliced jalapeños
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-3 large eggs scrambled and/or sunny side up
- serve with: salsa sour cream, lime wedges.
- Turn on broiler in oven to high.
- Spread out a layer of tortillas on baking sheet. Top chips and waffle quarters, jalapeno,tomatoes, and cheese.Place sheet under broiler, about 8-10 inches from the heat.
- While the chips and cheese are broiling, cook the eggs. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Top with black olives, cilantro, avocado and eggs.
In the mood for waffles? Don’t forget to snag this $1 off Aunt Jemima Waffles Code by clicking the coupon image below!