If there’s ever a better way to eat bananas, this is it! Just the thought of bananas rolled in spring roll pastry and served with ice-cream makes me smile.
This is one of those desserts that’s sure to impress everyone because of how sophisticated it looks and how flavorful it is. Just don’t bother telling everyone how easy these spring rolls were to make and that they cost you close to nothing. They take under 20 minutes to make and freeze well too. No more need to go paying over $10 for a dessert you can make at home for a fraction of the price.
I like to serve these spring rolls with ice-cream and a drizzle of either chocolate or caramel sauce. The creamy cold ice-cream pairs very well with the sweet and crispy spring rolls.
Banana Spring Rolls
- 8 large egg roll wrappers
- 4 bananas cut in half
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- cinnamon for sprinkling
- vegetable oil for frying
Paste to seal edges
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Combine the ingredients for the paste and set aside.
Slice the banana into half so you have to short pieces. You should be able to make 8 spring rolls with 4 bananas.
- Lay a spring roll/wonton wrapper on a clean, dry surface. place a piece of banana on the edge of the wrapper, sprinkle about a tablespoon of sugar on it and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon (about 1/4 teaspoon), roll up the bananas, tucking in the ends of the wrapper, brush the paste alongside the edge of the wrapper with the flour paste and seal. Repeat with the remaining spring rolls.
- Heat about an inch of oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. Cook the spring rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve spring rolls with ice-cream and a drizzle of your favorite sauce.