Quick, healthy, and delicious. Veggie burritos filled with Fajita veggies, rice, beans, avocado, sour-cream and salsa.
Mexican food is currently my favorite cuisine and has been for about 2 years now. I’m currently loving it because it’s healthy, spicy, and almost always easy to prepare. Plus, if I’m not mistaken, it’s the only cuisine that I actually makes beans taste yummy.
If you’re new on the blog you might want to snoop around my collection of Mexican recipes and you will see what I mean. If you liked my chicken and burrito wraps, you’re going to love these veggie burritos. They are packed with veggies, rice, and creamy sour-cream + salsa. They are pretty easy to prepare and will fill for hours!
Begin by cooking the rice. You can use any kind of rice you have on hand but I like to use my favorite cilantro lime. While the rice is cooking, cook down onions and bell peppers in a teaspoon of olive oil just until they begin to brown on the edges.
Place the fajita veggies on a flour tortilla along with beans, rice, guacamole, sour-cream and salsa. Wrap tightly in foil, cut in half and enjoy!
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced (any color)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup pinto or black beans
- 1/4 low-fat cup sour-cream
- 2 tablespoons Mexican salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cilantro lime rice->> get the recipe here
- Begin by cooking down the rice. You can use any type of rice you have ready on hand or use my cilantro lime rice recipe.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a small pan to high heat. Add the olive oil, onions, and bell peppers. Cook on high for 3-4 minutes or until the veggies begin to brown on the edges. Turn off heat and set pan aside.
- Lay a flour tortilla on a flat surface. Top with half of the fajita veggies, 1/2 sliced avocado, 1/4 cup beans, 2 tablespoons sour-cream, 1 tablespoon salsa, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Fold in the sides of the tortilla over the filling and roll up to completely enclose. Wrap in foil and cut in half. Serve warm. Enjoy!