Pan seared garlic shrimp, broccoli and pasta tossed in creamy lightened up garlic alfredo sauce that contains no cream!
Skinny alfredo is all the rage around here. Now, you can have your pasta with all the bold flavors without all the extra calories. This skinny alfredo is lightened up using just a tablespoon of flour to thicken the sauce. The cream is packed with lots of garlic flavor from the garlic shrimp, and the broccoli adds a very nice healthy touch. Because why not?
My daughter had 2 servings of this cream flavorful pasta before I took the entire pan away. If your feeling extra healthy, go ahead and use whole wheat pasta instead. I promise you wont notice a difference because this garlic alfredo is PACKED with bold flavors you’ll want to eat the entire bowl.
Skinny Garlic Shrimp & Broccoli AlfredoPrint Rate
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta any shape
- 2 cups frozen or fresh broccoli
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 oz cream cheese 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, in generously salted water. Add the broccoli just 1 minute before the pasta is finished cooking. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large heavy-duty pan to high heat. Add the olive oil, butter, shrimp and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the shrimp on the highest heat level for 2-3 minutes or until pink. Remove shrimp from pan.
- To the same pan, Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in cream cheese and parmesan and whisk until the cream cheese is fully mixed in and lump free. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Return the shrimp, drained pasta and broccoli to pan. Gently toss until everything is fully coated in the sauce. Turn off heat and serve hot.