Baked honey sriracha cauliflower “wings” are sticky, sweet, spicy and surprisingly healthy.
Cauliflower is my new best friend. Last year I shared my favorite cauliflower buffalo wings and was thrilled to see everyone make them and share them with me on Instagram, so today I’m sharing another one of my favorites.
These honey sriracha wings are unbelievably tasty, it’s hard to believe you’re eating cauliflower. They are sticky, spicy and sweet and make a delicious crowd pleasing appetizer without the added guilt or calories.
They are a great chicken alternative for vegans or vegetarians and can be made gluten-free.
They can be baked of fried (recipe below for both) but I like to bake mine. Frying them will give you a crisper texture but baking them is just as good.
Sticky Honey Sriracha Cauliflower "wings" (Baked or Fried)Print Rate
- 1 head of cauliflower approx. 4 cups of florets
- 1 cup milk for vegan: use water or almond, soy milk or water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour can sub gluten-free rice flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp of paprika or chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- For the sauce:
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup sriracha
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds optional
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place a piece of parchment paper on two baking sheets, set aside. (for frying: heat a large deep pan filled with oil to medium/high heat)
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into bite sized pieces/florets. Place panko breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Mix the milk/water/flour and spices in a medium mixing bowl. Dip the cauliflower in the batter, shake off excess batter, then dip into the panko breadcrumbs. You can do this one by one or in batches.
- To bake: Lay the cauliflower single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil olive and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is crispy and golden.
- To fry: Deep fry breaded cauliflower for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- In a large bowl, whisk the honey, sriracha, and ketchup. Remove wings from oven/oil and toss in the honey sriracah sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Serve with blue cheese or ranch sauce.
Nutritional info for baked version: