Ripe avocado, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lots of lime juice, makes the BEST chunky guacamole! Skip the over-priced processed guacamole at the supermarket and opt-in for fresh homemade guacamole for a fraction of the price. Guacamole is a healthy and delicious dip and topping and is great on a ton of dishes. Avocados are packed with nutrition and making guacamole is one of the best ways to enjoy avocado and to incorporate it into your dishes.
If you’ve ever been to Chipotle, then you know how expensive a tiny portion is. What I like to do is buy avocados when they go on sale and make my own guacamole at home.
Today we’re making my favorite chunky guacamole. This is seriously my go-to guacamole recipe for tacos, burrito bowls, salads, or just serving it on the side with chips. This chunky guacamole is loaded with fresh tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. It’s seasoned with salt, pepper and lots of lime juice to brighten up the guacamole and preserve the avocados taste and color.
the BEST chunky guacamole
- 2 large Hass avocados halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup tomato finely chopped or diced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped or diced
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeds included, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt table or kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper optional
- In a large bowl, gently mash the avocado into large chunks.
- Add the tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt & pepper to taste. Gently stir to combine.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or on tacos, salads, burrito bowls.