If shawarma aren’t good enough alone, this sauce makes them 100x better. This is seriously the BEST and ONLY shawarma sauce you will EVER need. My family and I have been making this sauce for years and it’s never failed on us. And this is coming from a Middle Eastern gal.
The secret to this sauce is the zesty garlic and use of fresh herbs. The sauce keeps well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and goes great on gyros, burgers, rice bowls, you name it.
The Best Ever Shawarma White Sauce
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt sour-cream can also be used
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon Tahini optional
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped (1 teaspoon dry can also be used)
- 5 mint leaves optional, dry can also be used
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process for 1 minute or until light and fluffy.
Store in the fridge, in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.