Today I’m going to share my secret super quick and easy carrot cupcake recipe. I’ve been making these cupcakes for years and they have never failed once!
While shopping at the supermarket yesterday, I found carrots on sale for .40 cents a pack. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I actually had to ask a worker if the price was correct and it was so I grabbed 8 bags… I couldn’t resist!
I got home and sat there wondering what can I make with all these carrots. The first thing that came to mind is my all time favorite dessert, Carrot cupcakes!
So I baked a batch of these super quick and easy carrot cupcakes, then top them off with my favorite cream cheese frosting and could not stop eating them. Like seriously, they were soooo good!
These are the MOST easiest cupcakes you’ll ever baked. You don’t even have to whisk them! The only step that might slow you down is grating the carrots but I decided to grate them in the food processor. I have the grating attachment, if you don’t have it you can use the normal setting and dice them real tiny. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a wooden spoon. Bake for 13 minutes, frost, and your done! Moist and delicious carrot cupcakes in no time!
Want to spice them up? toss in some chopped walnuts, raisins, mashed bananas or anything your heart wishes!
Easy Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- For the Cupcakes:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups grated carrots
- ⅔ cup oil
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or apple spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder or cream or tarter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup cream cheese (half the stick), room temperature
- ¼ cup butter (half the stick), room temperature
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin tins or line with cupcake liners and set aside. In a large bowl beat the eggs for a few seconds. Gently stir in the grated carrots and oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine, about 10 stirs ( be careful not to over mix!).
- Fill cupcake tins about ⅔ full. Bake for no more than 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before frosting.
For the Frosting: In a blender or by hand, beat the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until fluffy combined. Gradually add the powdered sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Once the cupcakes have cooled frosting with cream cheese frosting using a piping bag, zip-lock bag or spread with a spoon.