Chicken and veggies marinated with olive oil, herbs, and spices and packed in zipper bags. These easy to pack bags make it super easy to cook lunch or dinner in minutes and last up to 6 months in the freezer!I’m always up for meal-prepping because it makes life so much easier. This week, instead of meal prepping cooked meals, we will make chicken and veggie freezer packets. They freeze well and make a great lunch or dinner in minutes and can be packed into quart or gallon size freezer bags to feed 1 person or up to 4 people!
The star of the chicken and veggies is the chicken, but shrimp also works very well too. Next, pick your favorite quick-cooking vegetables like thinly sliced peppers, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, sliced onions, or broccoli. Everything should be cut into thin strips or small cubes. Divide the chicken and veggies into individual freezer bags or into a large gallon size bag.
Now you can use your favorite marinade and turn these chicken and veggies into your favorite flavor profile or use my favorite simple Italian marinade recipe below. To cook the chicken and veggies, simple sautee them in a skillet or oven roast on a sheet pan for 15-20 minutes and you’re done!
Chicken and Veggie Freezer Packs
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large zucchini, cut into slices
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved and cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- ½ cup of your favorite marinade (or use recipe below)
- 4 quart size of 2-gallon size ziplock bags
- For the marinade:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Divide chicken and veggies into 4 quart size or 2 gallon size ziplock bags.
- In a small bowl, Whisk the olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper. Divide marinade equally into the ziplock bags, seal and shake to fully coat the chicken and veggies. Freeze for up to 6 months.
- To cook, Heat skillet to medium-high heat and pour 1 bag into skillet and saute for 10-15 minutes or until tender and cooked. Alternatively, Pre-heat oven to 425F. Line a sheet pan with foil and pour chicken and veggies onto foil and roast for 15-20 minutes.