Quick and easy to make chicken, broccoli, and mushroom stir fry is one-pan and ready in under 20 minutes! You know what I always say. A quick meal is my favorite kind of meal. Now don’t get this confused with fast food because this is healthy homemade cooking simplified.
This easy to make chicken and broccoli stir fry is one of the recipes we make all the time because of how easy it is to make and because it can be served with rice, noodles or alone. For my daughters, I usually add some noodles when it’s done baking and serve it as chicken and broccoli noodles!
To begin, simply brown the chicken in oil then remove it and set it aside. Add the garlic, mushrooms, broccoli, bell peppers, soy sauce, ketchup and sriracha. Cook until the broccoli is tender, add the chicken bake into the pan, mix and enjoy. This dish is really that easy!
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs sliced into thin strips (breasts can also be used)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushroom Portobello or shiitake
- 1/2 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch see note
- Heat a large heavy duty pan on high heat. Add the oil and allow to heat for at least 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the same pan and saute for 20 seconds. Add the Mushrooms, broccoli, and bell peppers. Stir for 2 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- Add the soy sauce, ketchup, and sriracha. Stir for 2 minutes. Return the chicken back into the pan and stir-fry for about 2 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and everything is well combined.
- Serve on rice, noodles, or in lettuce leaves.