Extra saucy chicken, broccoli, and mushroom stir fry made in one-pan and ready in under 20 minutes. This finger-licking chicken and broccoli is delicious on rice or noodles and is much healthier than take-out!
You know what I always say. A quick meal is my favorite kind of meal. Now don’t get this confused with fast food because this is healthy homemade cooking simplified.
This easy to make chicken and broccoli stir fry is one of the recipes we make all the time because of how easy it is to make and because it can be served with rice, noodles or alone. For my daughters, I usually add some noodles when it’s done baking and serve it as chicken and broccoli noodles!
What you Will Need
This chicken and broccoli is very easy to make and is made with a few basic ingredients. You will need:
- Chicken breasts are perfect and lean and my preferred cut of meat. They can also be subbed with boneless skinless chicken thighs if desired.
- Garlic is the star of the dish and will add the aromatic flavor to the dish. You can use minced or crushed, and as I always say, the more the better!
- Ginger will elevate this dish to the next level and I highly recommend it. It is optional so feel free to skip it if you’d like
- Broccoli florets will add nutrients, flavor, and texture to the dish and can be used fresh or frozen although fresh is always preferred.
- Sliced Mushrooms are the perfect addition to chicken and broccoli and will become a new favorite of yours too!
Stir Fry Sauce
To begin, simply whisk all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside. The sauce is the glue that will make this delicious dish possible and is made with:
- Chicken broth (can sub with water if needed)
- Low-sodium Soy sauce is the base of the sauce and can be adjusted to taste. Make sure the soy sauce you are using is low-sodium or the dish will be overly salty.
- Corn starch is the glue that will thicken the sauce and give it a creamy texture. You can sub with flour is needed but cornstarch works best.
- Honey to balance the dish out, you will need a sweetener. I prefer using honey but sugar works well too. For keto, use a 1: 1 ratio of your favorite keto sweetener.
- Sriracha to give the sauce an extra kick, I like to add a tablespoon of soy sauce. You can also use garlic chili paste if available or leave it out if desired.
20 Minute Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry (Video)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons oil canola, vegetable, or oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced or grated (optional)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms white, baby bella, or shiitake (optional)
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or chili paste optional
- Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Heat a large heavy-duty pan on high heat. Add the oil, garlic, and ginger, sautee for 30 seconds or until it begins to brown. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms and stir for 2 minutes or just until the broccoli begins to soften.
- Pour the prepared sauce into the pan and simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Serve with rice or noodles; garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
Absolutely terrible instructions. Cooking garlic on high in oil??? Have you people ever cooked before???? Nonsense f ing recipe, stay away from these idiots please
This is seriously so good my family asks for it weekly and it’s simple easy and tasty. I would recommend you try it. We put it over rice and there is hardly any left over.. (which is great) 10/10 will cook again
Love this recipe! Have used this one a multiple times and everyone always really enjoys it.
Just the right amount of spice!
Bryanna Brown says
Can you freeze this after cooking?
Yes you can!
This was delicious and so easy to make, thank you! I also had been at the grocery store today and decided to add pineapple for a little extra flavor.
Chelle Thompson says
This is my favorite food. Tasty and great. Would it be possible to try this in an instant pot to cut down on cook time? Thanks.
I haven’t tried it in the Instant Pot so I can’t say but I don’t think you would even need one as it is a stir-fry!
This looks delicious. Is there a healthier alternative to cornstarch?
You can use Xanthan gum, Cassava or tapioca flour!
bina nessa says
great recipe for students
Would using chicken breast meat decrease the fat in the recipe? I’m trying to keep my fat around 30%.
Francee Underwood says
This is a great meal. Made it twice already! Because it was so good gonna make it again. Thank you so much!!
This stirfry looks so delicious and is so healthy!