Extra saucy chicken, broccoli, and mushroom stir fry made in one-pan and ready in under 20 minutes. This finger-licking chicken and broccoli is delicious on rice or noodles and is much healthier than take-out!
You know what I always say. A quick meal is my favorite kind of meal. Now don’t get this confused with fast food because this is healthy homemade cooking simplified.
This easy to make chicken and broccoli stir fry is one of the recipes we make all the time because of how easy it is to make and because it can be served with rice, noodles or alone. For my daughters, I usually add some noodles when it’s done baking and serve it as chicken and broccoli noodles!
What you Will Need
This chicken and broccoli is very easy to make and is made with a few basic ingredients. You will need:
- Chicken breasts are perfect and lean and my preferred cut of meat. They can also be subbed with boneless skinless chicken thighs if desired.
- Garlic is the star of the dish and will add the aromatic flavor to the dish. You can use minced or crushed, and as I always say, the more the better!
- Ginger will elevate this dish to the next level and I highly recommend it. It is optional so feel free to skip it if you’d like
- Broccoli florets will add nutrients, flavor, and texture to the dish and can be used fresh or frozen although fresh is always preferred.
- Sliced Mushrooms are the perfect addition to chicken and broccoli and will become a new favorite of yours too!
Stir Fry Sauce
To begin, simply whisk all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside. The sauce is the glue that will make this delicious dish possible and is made with:
- Chicken broth (can sub with water if needed)
- Low-sodium Soy sauce is the base of the sauce and can be adjusted to taste. Make sure the soy sauce you are using is low-sodium or the dish will be overly salty.
- Corn starch is the glue that will thicken the sauce and give it a creamy texture. You can sub with flour is needed but cornstarch works best.
- Honey to balance the dish out, you will need a sweetener. I prefer using honey but sugar works well too. For keto, use a 1: 1 ratio of your favorite keto sweetener.
- Sriracha to give the sauce an extra kick, I like to add a tablespoon of soy sauce. You can also use garlic chili paste if available or leave it out if desired.
20 Minute Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry (Video)
- Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Heat a large heavy-duty pan on high heat. Add the oil, garlic, and ginger, sautee for 30 seconds or until it begins to brown. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms and stir for 2 minutes or just until the broccoli begins to soften.
- Pour the prepared sauce into the pan and simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Serve with rice or noodles; garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.