Hey peeps! Hope your enjoying back to school season. It feels great getting back into my normal routine.
Hectic mornings and even crazier evenings. By the time I pick up my daughter from school at 3, I’m seriously out of it. I usually get home and start thinking of what to cook for dinner, while she is on the side asking what’s for dinner and “are you done yet”, none stop. Like seriously.. If you have a 6 year old you know what I’m talking about.
Lucky I am obsessed with quick and easy meals. I love cooking but sometimes a girl has got to get the meal on the table ASAP.
So yea, you know where I’m headed with this. These chicken fajitas are unbelievably easy to make. Did I also mention that they take under 20 minutes from start to finish?
I made these yesterday evening and my daughter who’s not a big fan of Mexican fell in love with them. Well in her words “mommy can you make these chicken sandwiches everyday, they taste so goooood!”
Yes! I finally found something she loves. Little does she know that they are super easy to make. Muhahaha (my evil laugh ..)Alright let’s get cooking now, shall we?
Your going to need 2-4 chicken breasts (more or less depending on how many fajitas you want to make), spices, sliced bell peppers and onions, lime wedges, and flour tortillas.
Cut the chicken breasts into 1/2 thin strips. Put in a small bowl, add the spices and juice of 1/2 a lime. Combine and then pour into a pan with with about 1 tablespoon hot oil. Make sure the pan is hot. The more sizzle you hear the more flavor the chicken will have.
Next, Allow the chicken to cook on medium/high heat for 10 minutes (the hotter the better), while tossing every few minutes. Add the sliced peppers and onions and continue cooking for just one minute. Remove from heat and serve with warm tortillas.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
- 2 Medium Chicken Breasts - Cut into strips
- 1 Large Onion - sliced
- 1 bell Pepper - sliced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper - finely chopped optional
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Finely Chopped
- 1 lime cut quartered
- Olive Oil
- 4 flour tortillas
Mexican Spice mix
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Chilli Powder or Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1/2 thin strips. Place into a small bowl, add the spices and juice of 1/2 a lime and set aside. Heat a large pan/skillet to medium/high heat. Coat with about 1 tablespoon oil, add chicken mixture to oil. Make sure the pan is hot. The more sizzle you hear the more flavor the chicken will have.
- Next, Allow the chicken to cook on medium/high heat for 10 minutes (the hotter the better), while tossing every few minutes. Add the sliced peppers,onions, jalapenos, garlic, and continue cooking for just one minute. Remove from heat and serve with warm tortillas, lime, sour cream,or guacamole.
- Serve the fajitas in a pan and allow your guest to make their own fajitas or prepare the fajita yourself and serve.
What do you do with the chopped garlic?
You add it in with the onion and pepper.
Alycia nichols says
Hi there! I’ve made this recipe twice now, once with real rice and once with “CAULIFLOWER rice.” Both tur ouT a-1!!!
Shashi at runninsrilankan says
I completely understand your daughter wanting more – that spice rub sounds so full of flavor!!
Erin | The Law Student's Wife says
Mexican food lover or no, I can’t imagine anyone resisting these!
Hi Layla, what a flavorful dish, and only 20 minutes. This recipe is a keeper.
Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps says
Not like Mexican?? Whaaaaaa?? I can see how these would turn her into one though — they look SO juicy and good!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
Wow I could go for two of these right now! They look amazing.