If you’re a lover of cream cheese frosting as much as I am, than this is frosting is for you!!
This rich and creamy lemon zested version is 1000x better than regular creamcheese frsoting. What makes it so special and super flavorful is the addition of fresh lemon zest and fresh lemon juice!
It’s great on cupcakes, cakes and anything lemony. I baked a batch of banana crumb muffins the other day and piped this frosting into the muffins and it was delicious plus, it was the perfect surprise inside the muffins.
Lemon Zested Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces unsalted butter 2 sticks , softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 bar, softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- zest of 1 lemon about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until pale and creamy.
Lower the speed and add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and fluffy
Beat in the fresh lemon juice and lemon zest.