Muffins are the perfect excuse to eat dessert in the morning. Nothing beats a warm banana muffin that’s for sure! especially if it’s coated with a buttery and delicious crumb. Who’s with me?!
These muffins are perfect for grabbing in the morning while you rush out the door, with a nice hot cup of coffee of course.
The mixture is super easy to make. No equipment or much time involved really. Mix all the delicious ingredients in a large bowl and top them with your buttery crumb and 20 minutes you’ve got the best ever fluffy banana muffins.
The trick to getting these muffins right is the bananas. You’ll need the must ripest bananas you can find. The more ripper the better!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter melted (or oil)
- For the Crumb Topping
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter (or oil). Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened then spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon and butter until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Next, Sprinkle a generous layer of topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Enjoy!
That crumb topping, tho. It’s calling to me.
These muffins look incredible, Love that glorious crumble!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Gorgeous muffins! Love the flavor!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby cakes) says
I adore muffins anytime of the day! Especially for breakfast. I love that wonderful crumb topping!
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
I love baking with bananas because they caramlize so beautifully in the oven! This recipe looks amazing and I loooove the crumb 🙂
Katalina@ Peas and Peonies says
The crumb is always my favorite part 🙂 and I am a sucker for banana desserts, I just love them and can’t have enough 🙂
Sarah @Whole and Heavenly Oven says
Banana muffins are my weakness! These look so ultra-moist and a perfect grab-and-go breakfast!
Thanks Sarah, Have a great weekend! 🙂