Smoothie season has officially set in and we are sure enjoying it around here. We can’t go a day without making a smoothie or two. They are healthy, quick, and delicious. Plus, they are packed with tons of vitamins, calcium and fiber. My kids love them as an alternative to ice-cream and I couldn’t be happier with the fact that they would take a smoothie over ice-cream!
I’ve tried a ton of different combos for smoothies. If you can name it then I think I might have tried it now or then. One of my favorite simple combos is apple and strawberry.
This smoothie is sugar-free and quick and easy to make (as always). Just toss the ingredients in a blender and you’re done!
Apple Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 apple, cored and peeled
- ½ cup milk (Any kind, we used low-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, vanilla, banana, or plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Enjoy cold.