Spice up your dinner routine with these tasty and fun to make 7 ingredient tacos. They are packed full of FLAVOR and are ready in under 30 minutes.
Tacos Tuesday has reached a new level. I know it’s Wednesday but I made these tacos yesterday so it still counts right?These tacos will change the way you think of tacos and will make tacos Tuesdays 10x easier and tastier.
The taco filling is all cooked in one pan in under 10 minutes then all the tacos are filled and baked. No mess or fuss. Baking the tacos makes it easier to prepare a dozen or two tacos at once.
For the chicken, Any cooked and shredded or chopped chicken will do. Rotisserie chicken or any leftover chicken works great. I seasoned two chicken breasts with a tablespoon of taco seasoning and cooked them in a tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat.
We added beans to the tacos but they’re totally optional. You can also make these tacos with ground beef if you’d like.
Easy Baked Chicken Tacos
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup black beans (optional)
- 1 cup salsa or diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 12 hard shell tacos
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar or any melting cheese)
- cilantro to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden. Add the chicken, black beans, salsa, and taco seasoning. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Line taco shells in a baking dish. Spoon a few tablespoons of the chicken into each taco shell. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with a side of sour cream, lettuce, and slices of lime if desired!