My one year old sure does have a mind of her own; she is very picky and knows what she wants! I used to think that babies are not capable of complex thinking but after observing her, I am now well aware that babies are so much smarter than we think! When we go to the supermarket she grabs the stuff she likes and throws whatever she doesn’t like out of the cart.
While I was shopping at Walgreens this morning, she grabbed the box of honey bunches of oats and began “reading” it so she can decide if she should leave it or toss it out; fortunately, she kept it so I wanted to make something special with it. I decided to go for these delicious honey roasted cereal bars because I love the clusters in honey bunches of oats and was dying to try them in a cereal bar.
With just 3 ingredients these cereal bars are super quick and easy to make and are great for snacking. All you need to make these is a box of honey roasted honey bunches of oats ( which is on sale for Walgreens for $1.99 from March 30 thru April 5) , a can of sweetened condensed milk, and 2 tablespoons of butter. You basically mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and bake for 25 minutes then cut them up and wrap them in plastic wrap for easier access.
I baked a batch of these and as soon as I took them out of the oven the whole family smelled the wonderful smell and couldn’t keep their hands of of them. I folded the rest in plastic wrap for a fresh on the go snack.
- 5 cups Honey Roasted Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 8x8 or 9x9 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Lightly processor the cereal in a food processor for about 30 seconds (this step is not mandatory but recommended for denser bars). In a large mixing bowl, mix the cereal, condensed milk, and melted butter until well combine.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking pan and press firmly and evenly over the entire surface. Bake for 20-30 minutes, 20 minutes for chewy and soft bars, 25 minutes for lightly crunchy bars, and 30 minutes for really crunchy bars. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, cut into 10-12 bars.
- Bars can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 weeks in plastic wrap or an air tight container.
This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Post Pebbles, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #PostWalgreens http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV