Super fluffy, chocolaty and simply delicious chocolate mousse cake.
Instead of craving bread or pizza when I was pregnant I craved chocolate mousse cake! There was a little bakery in Brooklyn (Aunt Butchies) that made extremely delicious mouse cake, I think it was and still is the best around. So every week my husband would buy me a cake from there and it was not cheap! at $25 a cake I started to feel bad for him. That was when I decided to give it a try.
This is probably one of the easiest desserts to make. With just 5 ingredients you really can’t go wrong.It’s no bake and no eggs. It’s great because you can make the cake ahead of time and throw it in the fridge and it will last up to 5 days.
- 4 cups 32 oz or 1 quart Heavy Cream
- 12 oz bag Semi-Sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 20 Oreos
- 3/4 cup butter
- Melt the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan filled with 1 inch of low simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- While the chocolate is melting Bend the Oreos in the food process until they are close to powdered but still a bit rough.
- Melt the butter in a small cause pan or in the microwave until its a little more warmer than room temperature. Mix the butter and Oreo crumbs.
- Line the bottom and sides of a springform pan with wax paper. Spread the Oreo mixture on the bottom of a springform pan.
- Whip the heavy cream until it begins to thicken. Add the vanilla and whip for another 30 secs.
- Gently fold slightly cooled chocolate (do not allow the chocolate to cool too much because it will begin to clump) into the whipped cream mixture.
- Pour on top of the Oreo crust layer and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve cold top with powdered sugar.
Saw this on the Marvelous Monday link board and had to check it out! Can’t believe how easy this recipe is!!! This looks so light and fluffy, yet so rich and decadent!!!
Thanks Foodista, I’m so happy you liked it!
Looks so delicious! I like how it has so few ingredients and seems quick and easy to make. I don’t think I could stop at just one piece though. Chocolate is a great weakness for me. I may try this when we have guests over.
Thank you for sharing 🙂
Thank you Bismah! I’m glad you liked it 🙂
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures says
Yum! I can see why you craved this!
Love this recipe. I am pregnant and a little weary of raw eggs. I will be trying this very soon. Thanks!
I was very cautious about everything I ate when I was pregnant so I know how you feel. I’m glad you liked it and I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Tshanina @ Thrifty T's Treasures says
Only five ingredients, really? This recipe is definitely a game changer, and I can’t wait to try it! In fact, it looks so yummy that I wish I could dive through the screen for a bite!
Definitely pinning this one for later. Thanks so much for sharing!
Thank you Tshanina for pinning!
Yes just 5 ingredients! I am all about finding easier ways to cook. Who has time to babysit the kitchen! 🙂