Thanks In The Raw® for sponsoring this virtual cookie swap! As always, all opinions are 100% my own.December is all about cookies and cookie swaps. Although I missed National Cookie Day on December 4th, I decided to start my cookie count down today with these easy to make coconut macaroons. This week, a bunch of food bloggers and I will be sharing our favorite cookie recipes in a Virtual cookie swap on behalf of In The Raw®. Since In The Raw® Sweeteners are a healthier alternative to regular sugar, hopefully our holiday baking will be a bit healthier this year!
I couldn’t virtually share these macaroons, so I packed a dozen for my neighbors to share the love. They loved the way they looked and tasted so much and asked for the recipe. Yay! Always so great to share my recipes with friends and family.
These little nibblers are packed with coconut. You see, I LOVE coconut… I wish it could be incorporated into more dishes but for now, I’m totally going to stuff my face with these coconut macaroons.
If you’re not much of a baker or don’t have a lot of time to bake this is the recipe for you. With just 5 ingredients excluding the dipping chocolate, this recipe couldn’t be easier. Plus I used Sugar In The Raw organic white® to give these macaroons a healthy touch because it’s unbleached and true to its natural color. Its fine crystals make it perfect for cooking and baking because it blend easily into any recipe. It’s eco-social certified, USDA certified and non-GMO certified, so while it’s not only good for you, it’s good for Mother Earth too!
- 1 14 ounce package sweetened, flaked coconut
- 3 egg whites room temperature
- 1/3 cup Sugar In The Raw Organic White®
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate for dipping optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl of mixer or by hand until soft peaks form. Add sugar,salt and vanilla and beat for 30 seconds more. Fold coconut mixture into egg whites until just combined.
Place in freezer for 10 minutes or until mixture is easy to work with. Wet your hands. Roll spoonfuls of coconut mixture between palms to golf ball-size cookies; arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until coconut is slightly golden and toasted, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for AT LEAST 30 minutes before dipping in chocolate.
- Line baking sheet with new piece of parchment paper. Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. You can also microwave the chocolate- using a microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate in microwave oven at medium power for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. If chocolate is not melted, return to microwave and repeat heating step, stirring every 30 seconds to avoid scorching.
- Dip 1/4 of each cookie in the chocolate and place on the prepared baking sheet. If desired, place about 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate into a piping bag or Ziplock bag, poke a tiny hole in the tip of the bag and drizzle chocolate over macaroons. Place in refrigerator until chocolate is set, about 15 minutes.
In The Raw®, where sweetness runs in the family. Don’t forget to check out the In The Raw® website for more recipes and inspiration.