Juicy and tender on the inside, and perfectly charred on the outside steak kabobs cooked in the air fryer in under 15 minutes. Each kabob has juicy sirloin steak, bell peppers, red onions that have been soaked in a tasty marinade that is a must-try!
I don’t think it’s possible for me to ever get tired of eating any kind of kabob or skewer. You can add so much flavor and healthy ingredients that they’re hard to resist. We try to eat some kind of kabob at least one to two times a month.
When you taste the flavor of these air fryer beef kabobs you’ll be so glad you learned out how to cook them in your air fryer and you’ll want to make them all the time too. It’s so nice not having to heat up the grill or head outside to cook them.
What You’ll Need To Make Air Fryer Beef Kabobs
Sirloin Steak: Using sirloin steak will give you a very juicy and delicious flavor. You could use other cuts of steak but we definitely prefer the sirloin.
Bell Pepper: Any color of bell pepper that you like will be perfect. Keep in mind red bell peppers are sweeter than the other varieties.
Red Onions: I don’t think there’s anything more delicious than grilled red onions. They’re a wonderful addition to these beef kabobs.
Marinade: For the marinade, you will need a combination of olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
How To Make Air Fryer Beef Kabobs
Cooking beef kabobs in your air fryer not only saves you time but it also tastes amazing too. Let’s get started so you can learn how to make these incredibly easy beef kabobs in your kitchen.
Start by combining the sirloin steak along with the peppers, and onions together in a large bowl. Then add the marinade and cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or all the way up to 24 hours.
Turn on the air fryer to 400° when you’re ready to cook the kabobs. Add the beef peppers and onions on to the kebab skewers.
Add skewers to the preheated air fryer and cook them for 8 to 10 minutes. Be sure to turn them halfway through and cook until the outside his charred and the inside is tender.
What size Kabobs Skewers fit in an Air Fryer?
It’s important to check before you begin that the skewers you’re using actually fit inside of your air fryer. We find 6-inch and 8-inch Skewers fit best in most air fryers. I suggest measuring the air fryer before ordering to be safe but you can not go wrong with the 6-inch as they are very short. If they do not fit that’s more than fine you can just add the meat and veggies to the air fryer instead.
Air Fryer Beef Kabobs Variations
- Add any of your favorite vegetables. Mushrooms, squash, and zucchini would all be yummy options.
- You could even add some fruit if you wanted to go extra wild. Pineapple would be amazing. Don’t soak the fruit in the marinade though. Just add it to the skewers.
- Feel free to swap out the cut of steak, but keep in mind the flavor and texture may be a little different.
How Do You Store Kabobs
For best results, store the leftover kabobs in the refrigerator. Let it cool and remove the meats and veggies from the wooden skewers. They will last in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Do I Need To Soak The Skewers?
Yes, if you use wooden skewers you should soak them in water for at least 10 minutes. This will keep them from burning.
Air Fryer Beef Kabobs
- 1.5 pounds sirloin steak cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large bell pepper color of choice
- 1 large red onion or onion of choice
- In a large bowl, combine the beef and ingredients for the marinade until fully combined. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the air fryer to 400F. Thread the beef, pepper, and onion onto skewers.
- Place skewers into the preheated air fryer and air fryer 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through until charred on the outside and tender on the inside.