Learn how to make juicy and flavorful grilled chicken breasts in the air fryer in just 20 minutes! This life-changing way of cooking chicken is great on rice, salads, in sandwiches, and so much more.
When you cut into a piece of this grilled chicken breast, you will be met with a juicy, tender piece of meat. The flavor is so incredible you seriously can’t resist eating it right away and going for the next taste.
I pretty much love chicken breasts more than any other cut of meat. If it’s cooked properly, it’s so juicy and delicious. You can season it in so many ways, and it’s great for all occasions. I think you will find that using the air fryer makes this chicken breast even more succulent, and it’s majorly EASY!
What You’ll Need To Make Air Fryer Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Chicken: For best results, use boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You could swap them for chicken thighs, but the flavor is going to be different.
- Olive Oil: Using olive oil is the perfect way to give the chicken a yummy exterior that’s hard to beat. You could swap the olive oil for any other oil of your choice.
- Seasonings: The perfectly seasoned chicken comes from a combination of chili powder, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
I know it’s hard to imagine something that tastes so incredible only takes 20 minutes to cook, but it does! And it’s worth every second.
First, you will need to get the air fryer preheated to 390 degrees F.
Start whisking together the seasonings in a small bowl until they are combined.
Then take the chicken breasts and pound them out, so the chicken has an even thickness. Rub each side of the chicken with olive oil and add on the spices.
NOTE: You can skip pounding the chicken, but it allows the chicken to cook more evenly.
Next, place the seasoned chicken breasts in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes on each side. It’s done once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Take the chicken out of the air fryer and let it rest for 5 minutes. Then slice into it and enjoy it!
Can I Use Frozen Chicken?
For this chicken recipe, it’s best to use chicken that has been thawed. It will cook quicker and more evenly. When possible, it’s best to thaw the chicken in the refrigerator overnight. This is the safest method, but it does take the longest.
Another way to thaw the chicken breasts is by placing them inside of a ziplock back. I usually use two bags to prevent any water from getting to the chicken. Then submerge the bag of chicken in a bowl of cold water. You will need to change the water out every little bit. It’s important to use cold water, not warm or hot. You will need to cook it as soon as it’s thawed using this method.
How Do You Store Leftover Air Fryer Grilled Chicken?
It’s best to store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. You need to let the chicken breasts cool down all the way before storing it. It will last in the fridge for up to five days.
You can add the leftover chicken to salads, eat in a wrap, or even add it to an omelet. It’s wonderful for meal prepping and it’s nice to have on hand whenever you need a quick and simple meal.
More Succulent Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Healthy Air Fryer Chicken and Veggies
- Air Fryer Whole Roast Chicken
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
Air Fryer Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Preheat the air fryer to 390F.
- In a small bowl, whisk the spices until combined.
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness (optional step) and rub both sides of chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with the spice mix.
- Transfer to preheated air fryer and cook 10 minutes per side or until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Remove chicken breasts from the air fryer and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.