A trio of bell peppers wrapped in fajita spiced chicken and baked to perfection. This healthy low-carb, low-calorie, paleo dish is sure to impress everyone.
Good things are happening in the kitchen today! Just when you thought chicken fajitas couldn’t get any better, they do!! If you’re a fan of chicken fajitas then you’re doing to LOVE this dish
Just imagine, tender chicken fillets filled with an eye-pleasing trio of bell peppers. The chicken is pan-seared first to give it that lovely brown crispy exterior. It is then baked for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the bell peppers are charred on the edges.
You can serve this chicken with a side of veggies, rice, or warm tortillas. Then simply sit back and let the compliments roll in. My husband and daughters couldn’t get enough of these delicious chicken roll ups and I’m sure your loved ones will love them just as much!
- 2 chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise thin about 1/4” thick
- ½ red bell pepper sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper sliced
- ½ green bell pepper sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lime optional
- toothpicks for securing chicken
- Dry spice mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped (for garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dry spice mix in small bowl.
- Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and Sprinkle the chicken fillets with the spice mix. Place 6 bell pepper slices on the center of each chicken fillet (2 of each color). Roll each one tightly, keeping seam side down and secure with a toothpick. If any spices remain, sprinkle them on the chicken rolls.
- Heat a large heavy (oven safe is possible) pan to medium high heat. Place the oil in the pan and gently place chicken in the pan. Cook chicken rolls for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden. Remove pan from heat and place pan in the oven (if the pan is oven safe. If it’s not, transfer chicken to a baking sheet). Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and peppers are charred.
- Serve with veggies, rice or tortillas. Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
I can’t find any nutrition information. Could you please direct me to the info for the Baked Chicken Fajita Roll-ups? Thank you. Needing to know calories, fat, protein, etc.
Alexandra C Rast says
I don’t see a nutrition facts page. What are they for this recipe??
How long in a air fryer?
It would depend on your air-fry. I would just keep an eye on it until cooked through 🙂
Sonya Qureshi says
How many calories is this?
Timothy O'Neill says
So good! I added a little mozzerella which added a little savoryness. This is definately going in the rotation!
I was wondering if cheese would make it better thanks
Excellent flavor! I can’t find the nutrition iNfo though!? Calories?
How many calories per serving in Easy chicken fajita roll-ups?
M. Willie says
25g of fat?
That was 25 for the whole recipe. I’ve updated the nutritional label to reflect 1 serving. There are about 16g of fat per serving and a serving is two roll-ups. Enjoy! 🙂
Jordsn Wade says
Where can I find the NUTRITION information?
Claudia G Guerrero says
I can’t find the nutritional label. I know that you mentioned that you updated it, but I can’t find it.
Sorry about that! I’ve updated the post. It should be under the recipe box 🙂
M. Willie says
25g of fat????
I made this today, served in a soft tortilla with ranch dressing. We loved it!
May I ask how can i make this without using an oven?
Put a lid on your pan to finish the cooking