If you’re a fan of banana bread, you’re going to LOVE these banana chocolate chip blondies. Once you taste them, I promise you will never go back to banana bread again.
These bars are super moist, dense, and ooey gooey. Plus, the banana and chocolate chip combo is to die for.
They are also super easy to make. No mixer needed. With just a few basic ingredients, a mixing bowl, spoon and 25 minute baking time, these banana blondies are all yours. It really doesn’t get much easier than this.
If chocolate is not your thing, that’s fine. Dump the chocolate chips and add half a cup of your favorite chopped nuts or better yet, make these with just banana, and have the best ever banana blondies!
Banana Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars
- 1 stick ½ cup salted butter, melted (unsalted can be used as well with the addition of 1/4 tsp salt)
- 1 cup light brown sugar dark can also be used
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup mashed banana 1 large banana
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Mix until combined. Add vanilla and egg, mix until fully incorporated. Add four and stir until combined. Next add the mashed banana and chocolate chips. Stir just until combined without over mixing. Pour into greased pan. Bake for 22-28 minutes.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into 9 large bars or 16 small squares. Store covered in fridge for up to 1 week.