Healthy homemade broccoli crust pizza is gluten-free and low-carb and comes together in under 30 minutes.
It’s all about the broccoli today! If you’ve been following the blog, then you might have noticed how obsessed I am with these healthy pizza crusts. A few years ago I shared the best cauliflower crust pizza and then the popular rainbow cauliflower crust a few weeks ago.
Today I present the broccoli crust pizza. It’s very similar to the cauliflower crust pizza expect this pizza contains no gluten at all. The crust is made with riced broccoli, eggs, parmesan, and mozzarella. The broccoli can be riced in the food processor or with a cheese grater. After that, you simply combine the riced broccoli with eggs, cheese and salt + pepper until a soft dough forms then shape into a pizza crust.
One thing I want to mention is that if you have parchment paper, I highly suggest you use it so the pizza does not stick to the pan. I had parchment paper on hand when I made the pizza, but I guess drizzling oil always gets to me!
Now keep in mind, There are 2 steps to baking the broccoli crust. If will first be baked without cheese or toppings on it until the crust is crispy (about 10-12 minutes) then it will be removed from the oven, the toppings added, and baked again for another 10-12 minutes. This will insure the crust is crispy and hold up. Please see the video below for more info.
Broccoli Crust PizzaPrint Rate
- Broccoli Crust:
- 1 small head of broccoli about 2-3 cups riced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning optional
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup cheese
- veggies optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (highly recommend) or grease with oil; set aside.
- Process the broccoli in a food processor or shred with a cheese grater until the broccoli is the same consistency as rice.
- Place broccoli in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and micorwave for 1-2 minute or until it is steamed. Cool for at least one minute then pour broccoli on a clean washcloth and squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the broccoli until you are left with a dry ball of broccoli.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, eggs, cheeses, and seasoning with a spoon until fully combined. Pour mixture into the pre-lined baking sheet and shape into a pizza crust, 1/2 inch thick.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and add the pizza sauce and cheese. At this point feel free to add desired toppings (veggies or meat). Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted. Cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutritional Facts below per serving (recipe makes 4 servings) of the broccoli crust without cheese or sauce. See below for nutrition facts with toppings.
Nutrition facts below for pizza with sauce and cheese per serving (recipe makes 4 servings)