Low-carb Cauliflower crust rainbow pizza is packed with veggies inside and out, and is perfect for kids and adults. Rainbows are happening in the kitchen today! We’ve transformed the best cauliflower crust pizza into a rainbow cauliflower crust pizza. The rainbow veggies are so delicious and even more pleasing to the eye. My daughters fell in love with this pizza and could not eat enough of it!
But why make cauliflower crust rainbow pizza?
- It’s beautiful and colorful
- It’s packed with veggies and veggies are good for you
- Because cauliflower crust pizza is tasty!
Top this delicious pizza with any type of veggies you have. Use whatever is in season or your favorite pizza toppings. Just be sure to dice the veggies really small and arrange the veggies from light to dark to create a rainbow look. Begin by make the crust. Cauliflower pizza crust is much faster to make than regular pizza crust because no rising needed.
Here are a few tips for making the best low carb cauliflower crust:
- Allow the minced and steamed cauliflower to cool before extracting the water.
- Using a soft kitchen towel to extract the water will give you the best results.
- Make sure to get all the water out of it, like every last bit! I squeezed my water how so hard I ended up with an amazing ball of cauliflower. remember, the trick to making a perfect cauliflower crust is to squeeze out as much liquid as possible out of the cauliflower.
Be sure to check out the full post here for more a more detailed explanation and step-by-step photos.What you are seeing above is the cauliflower ball after I have processed it in the food processor, then steam it in the microwave, and drained all the water out of it. After you have done so, place the cauliflower ball in a bowl and add an egg, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/4 mozzarella cheese (you can also omit the parmesan and use 1/2 cup mozzarella instead), salt, garlic powder (optional) rosemary and oregano. Mix it all in with a wooden spatula or your hands until a dough forms.
Next, spread the dough out on a lightly greased parchment paper or a pizza pan like you would with regular pizza dough and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust begins to brown on the edges. This is probably a good to dice up the veggies. Remove from oven and add the pizza sauce, cheese, and diced veggies. Be sure to arrange the veggies in a rainbow pattern! Bake for another 15 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and the edges are browned.
Slice the pizza, serve hot. The pizza will last in the fridge for up to 3 days. Re-heat in microwave or toaster oven. Enjoy!
Rainbow Cauliflower Crust PizzaPrint Rate
- 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower - should yield 2 to 3 cups once processed
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon basil or rosemary minced (or dry)
- ½ teaspoon oregano minced (or dry)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced bell peppers yellow, orange, red, green, or any combo of your choice
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup canned corn optional and not included in nutritional facts
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the cauliflower and cut into chunks, Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse it until it resembles the texture of rice. If you don't have a food processor, you can use a cheese grater or chop it very finely.
- Microwave the processed cauliflower uncovered in a microwave safe bowl for approximately 4-5 minutes on high. Remove it from the microwave and allow it to cool for at least 4-5 minutes (trust me don't rush this step!). After the cauliflower is slightly cooled, place it in a kitchen towel and squeeze all the liquid out of it. Be sure to squeeze as much liquid as humanly possible.
- Combine the cooked cauliflower, egg, garlic, cheese, and seasonings. Stir until a dough texture forms. Spread the cauliflower mixture out onto lightly greased parchment paper or a pizza pan in the shape of a pizza crust.
- Bake the crust for approximately 10-15 minutes (depending on your oven), or until the crust is golden and crispy. I cooked mine for approximately 15 minutes. After the crust is golden remove it from the oven and top with pizza sauce then cheese then the chopped veggies.
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for another 12-15 minutes.