Cajun spiced chicken is cooked in a spicy cream sauce along with bell peppers and zucchini noodles. A low carb twist on the popular Cajun chicken pasta making this classic pasta 100x better and guilt free too! Pasta is the ultimate comfort food, but all the added carbs are not. Thanks to zucchini noodles, now you can have your pasta and enjoy it too! I replaced the pasta for zucchini “pasta” and used lots of sliced bell peppers to make this dish as healthy and light as possible.
The chicken is first tossed with lots of Cajun spices and pan seared until tender. The bell peppers and garlic are then added. At this point, feel free to make this pasta healthier by adding any of your favorite veggies. Broccoli, mushrooms, or sun dried tomatoes are all great add ins.
Next a splash of heavy cream is added to tie everything together. If you’re on a low-calorie diet, use sour-cream or half and half instead.
To finish off this yummy pasta, toss in your spiralized zucchini the very last-minute and top with some minced parsley or grated parmesan if desired. If you don’t have spiralized zucchini, pasta that has been cooked aldente will also work too!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips or small cubes
- 3-4 medium zucchini spiralized
- 3 teaspoons Cajun Spice Mix More To Taste (*store bough or see recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced bell peppers color of choice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ⁄2 cup heavy cream or half & half or sour-cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat a large heavy-duty skillet to medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil to skillet and heat until butter is melted. Add chicken to skillet and cook on high until chicken is cooked through and crispy, about 6-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and bell peppers and minced garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add heavy cream (or sour-cream) and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat and toss in the zucchini noodles.