Cajun Shrimp Foil Packs loaded with shrimp, smoked sausage, fresh veggies, butter, and Cajun spices for a kick of flavor. You can easily bake or grill these delicious packs for a complete meal!
Whether you have visited New Orleans or simply love the flavors of Cajun dishes, you will love having a little bit of this tasty southern comfort food. It’s so easy to make, and you never have to leave the house to enjoy this satisfying meal.
All the ingredients give you a sophisticated flavor combination that is great for a low key party or a fancier dinner party. Either way, your guests are going to fall in love with the savory spices and Cajun flavors. Plus, you can love the fact that it’s easy to make and takes very little prep work.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE CAJUN SHRIMP FOIL PACKS
- Shrimp: You can use any style of shrimp you want. We usually use large. Just make sure it’s peeled and deveined before cooking.
- Smoked Sausage: The versatility in this cajun dish allows you to choose turkey, chicken, or beef sausage depending on your preferences.
- Zucchini or squash: Either will do just fine and give you some nutrients and yummy flavor too.
- Bell pepper: Chop any variety of bell pepper you like. Reds tend to be sweeter than the other colors. chopped (any colors you like)
- Red onion: I love that the red onions not only add some color, but they also give you lots of flavors too.
- Garlic: Mince as many cloves as you like. I try to stay between two and three, but you could always add more or less.
- Butter or oil: Either one works well and will give you an unbeatable finish to the packs.
- Cajun Seasoning: You can always buy Cajun seasoning, but I almost always use my homemade version because it’s so easy and tastes incredible.
HOW TO MAKE CAJUN SHRIMP FOIL PACKS
If you’ve never made foil packs before, you are in for such a treat. They are simple to make and taste outstanding. First, you need to decide if you are cooking them on the grill or if you want to bake them in the oven. For the oven, you will need to preheat it to 450 degrees. If grilling, get the grill heated up.
Cut up pieces of tin foil, so they are in 4 sheets that are approximately 12″x12″ squares.
Add the veggies, shrimp, sausage, butter, and seasonings to a large bowl. Mix well, so everything is coated. Then spoon the shrimp mixture into the aluminum foil sheets. Fold them and place them on a baking sheet if you are cooking in the oven.
Cook the shrimp packs for 15 minutes or until the contents are done. Carefully open the packets and add some lemon juice. Serve and enjoy!
HOW DO YOU STORE AND REHEAT LEFTOVERS?
To store leftover shrimp packs, remove them from the foil and let them cool all the way. Place the contents into a food storage container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Make sure the lid fits tight for the best results.
Reheat the shrimp packets by placing them in a microwave-safe bowl and add a damp paper towel on top. Microwave for 1-2 minutes and stir. Continue the process until hot. Once you’ve reached the desired temperature, it’s ready to serve.
MORE TASTY SHRIMP RECIPES
Take a look at these additional drool-worthy shrimp recipes no one can resist.
- Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
- Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Sriracha Sauce & Cilantro Lime Slaw
- Creamy Shrimp Stuffed Avocado
Cajun Shrimp Foil Packs
- 1 pound Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12-16 ounces Smoked Sausage (can use turkey, chicken, or beef sausage), sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 medium Zucchini or squash
- 1 Bell pepper chopped, (any colors you like)
- 1 small Red onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Butter or oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 450F. Cut 4 sheet of foil into long rectangles (about 12''x12''). Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon mixture evenly onto the 4 foil sheets. Fold and seal foil. Transfer foil packs to a large baking sheet (skip if grilling).
- Bake or grill 15 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully open foil packs, drizzle with lemon if desired, and serve immediately.