Tender grilled Chicken breasts stuffed with sautéed bell peppers, onion and cheese. This tasty stuffed chicken is sure to spice up your dinner routine and make you think twice about making un-stuffed chicken the next time you cook!
I love quick and simple dinner recipes that don’t take a ton of time to make. This is one of my favorite “fancy” flavorful chicken dishes that is surprisingly easy to make and keeps the chicken tender and moist.
The chicken is split in half and stuffed with sautéed bell peppers and onion. Two slices of Crystal Farms® Provolone Cheese are then sandwiched in between. The final touch is a Cajun spice mixed that is rubbed all over the chicken to give it extra flavor when cooked.
To cook the chicken, You can grill it on an outdoor grill until charred and tender, or cook it on a stove top grill pan and enjoy this meal anytime of the week!
To get a melted gooey center, use your favorite melting cheese. I like to use provolone or Gouda cheese slices in this chicken because they melt very well and make the perfect gooey filling!
Crystal Farms® brand is one of the largest cheese brands in the country. Lake Mills, Wisconsin has been home to Crystal Farms for the past 25 years and the hardworking, honest people of Lake Mills are devoted to delivering consistent quality and great tasting products for what they love – cheese.
Crystal Farms® Cheese is a rich source of calcium, gluten-free, Lactose tolerant.Find it in the refrigerated dairy section at your local supermarket. Here in the DC area, you can find Crystal Farms® Cheese at Shoppers.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 cup bell pepper diced (colors of choice)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices Crystal Farms® Cheese Provolone or Gouda
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- With a sharp paring knife, slice into the chicken horizontally to create a pocket. Repeat with all four breasts. Add a slice of cheese into each chicken breast and stuff with 1/4 cup of the pepper mix. Top peppers with another slice of cheese. Press the edges of the chicken together to seal in the filling. Rub all sides of chicken breast with 1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same pan over medium heat. Cook the stuffed chicken for 5-7 on each side, until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
I’m so excited to share this grilling giveaway with you, sponsored by Crystal Farms® Cheese. Don’t miss out on your chance to win a Grilling Prize Pack, including 1 Cuisinart Deluxe Stainless-Steel Grill Set, AND 1 Cuisinart Nonstick Grilling Basket AND 1 Cuisinart Stainless Steel Grilling Platter!
To enter: follow the prompts in the giveaway box below.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms® Cheese. The opinions and text are all mine.