Spicy pan grilled chicken and avocado tacos topped with a creamy cilantro lime sauce. These tasty tacos are bursting with flavor and are made in under 30 minutes!Take tacos to a whole new level with the addition of avocado and my favorite cilantro cream sauce. If you’ve had my popular shrimp tacos, then you’re going to love this chicken version. The chicken and avocado make a delicious pair and complement each other perfectly. The real star of the dish is this flavor-packed cilantro lime sauce. It’s creamy, zesty and makes a delicious addition to the chicken and avocado.
The chicken is seasoned with taco seasoning and garlic. You can use it right after seasoning it or marinate it in the fridge for up to 48 hours. Once you’re ready to cook the chicken, simply cook it on the stove-top in a few teaspoons of oil. And because the chicken is cut into small bite size pieces, it will absorb all the flavor and chicken will cook in under 15 minutes!
Spicy Chicken and Avocado tacos with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce
For the Chicken
cilantro lime sauce
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 6-8 small tortillas , corn or flour
To Make Chicken
- Chop 2-3 medium chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces. In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, chili, cumin, onion powder, and salt. Add in chicken and toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 48 hours.
- To cook: Heat a large heavy-duty or cast iron skillet on high heat for 1 minute. Add the olive oil and chicken. Cook chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat until charred and cooked through, 8-12 minutes. Turn off heat and finish with a squeeze of lime (optional).
To Make the Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Add the sour cream, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and salt & pepper to blender or food processor. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minutes or until creamy.
- Char tortillas on stove-top if desired. Add some of the chicken to the warmed tortillas. Top with avocado and cilantro sauce.