Lettuce wraps filled with spicy taco-spiced chicken, avocado, tomato, and drizzled with a zesty cilantro lime sauce. This healthy nutritious low-carb meal is a delicious protein packed option and great if you are on a low-carb, paleo or keto diet! Low-Carb Tacos!! If you’re a fan of tacos but don’t are watching you’re weight or carbs, then you’re going to fall in love with these taco lettuce wraps. They’re a great option if you’re on a low-carb, paleo or keto diet. The tortilla is replaced with lettuce and filled with chicken and all your favorite taco fillings. The result is healthy flavor packed tacos without all the added carbs!
The chicken is marinated in a spicy homemade taco seasoning and grilled (or pan-fried) to perfection. While the chicken is cooking, blend together the cilantro sauce. It takes just 1 minute in the blender and makes a DELICIOUS zesty topping for the tacos!
Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps (Healthy, Low-carb, Keto)
Grilled Taco Chicken
- 1 pound Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 leaves Romaine Lettuce rinsed
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or sour-cream or mayo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno optional
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Pinch of salt
To Cook Chicken
- Add the chicken, garlic, olive oil, and spices in a large bowl or zip-seal bag. Place in fridge and let marinate for at least 15-30 minutes or up to 24 hours.Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Place chicken on a grill or pan heated to medium-high heat. Let chicken cook until it is no longer pink on the inside, about 9-10 minutes per side (or until it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
To Make Cilantro Sauce
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend for 1 minute or until creamy.
- Layer lettuce wraps with chicken, tomatoes, onion, and avocado. Drizzle with cilantro sauce or your favorite taco sauce.